Sunday, October 04, 2009

Looking Back Through the Looking Glass




When I was about fourteen I read "The Dairy of Anne Frank" and it captured me totally. As an adult I re-read the diary and was even more impressed by the beauty of her writing and the terrible tragedy that she could not live to realize her full potential.

I found this on the Internet: "Ha'aretz, the Israeli newspaper, is showing remarkable footage today. The Frank House, in Amsterdam, has realeased this short 20-second video snippet from the life of Anne Frank. The video was shot approximately a year before Frank and her family went into hiding. "

The context of this video is compelling and this has certainly made me pensive for the rest of this day.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. that's quite amazing. And haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very terrible time that we should never forget. To have killed this lovely talented child along with so many others it monstrous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took it down from the shelf to reread. My kids visited there when in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really unbelievable that this footage exists.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.