Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Signs of the Times

Each of these photos was taken in the good old USA except for the hot pepper sign which was taken in Puerto Rico and the 'stuff' sign from Nassau. Signs taken in other countries and written in English can be even more funny! I wish I had owned a digital camera in my travels years ago.

So this is how he got started! And even thus he has come so far.

Not sure but it looks like popsicles are doing the carving?

Cute sign outside a Puerto Rican restaurant. Those Latinos have such a good sense of humor.

I posted this photo a while back. This is outside an oyster shucking house and it means what it says. The ladies do not like being photographed in their working garb.

I don't think anyone would want to let their pet roam in this mine field. (click to enlarge)

Posted this photo a while back and it was taken in Nassau. I just liked the fact that they admitted they sold stuff rather than treasures and souvenirs.

And what can I say about this one? Those in Florida know exactly what this means but for the rest of us...I like my Cubans hot...but pressed?

7 comments:

  1. Great signs.. so are the hot, pressed Cubans.. cigars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guessed it, Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You leave me grinning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their a sign of the times?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking that it must have hurt those Cubans to be pressed, but then Hilary enlightened me.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot, and pressed, oooh. I have nothing to add!!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.