Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Glutton for Punishment?

Oh, yes, I guess that is what I am...a glutton for punishment. Sometimes it seems that things happen to me without any pro activeness on my part. Actually I do know that this coming weekend was not even a glimmer of an idea in my mind, because I have been sleeping so well these evenings. Certainly this was actually all my daughter's idea. I do NOT remember initiating this. I do not even remember talking about it at length with anyone...but then, one of the lovely attributes of getting older is that darn forgetting part. Just because you do not have it written on the calender, does not mean it was not scheduled. After all, it WAS on someone else's calendar.

Tabor's B&B is once again opening for weekend business. It seems that my daughter and her husband and her two toddlers are joining us ALONG with her friend and her friend's husband and THEIR TWO TODDLERS. Yes, I will be entertaining four very tired adult parents and four very active tots under the age of 3.5 that are pretty much as mobile and curious as un-housebroken puppy dogs. This may be just the breakthrough I need to lose those last 5...10...alright, 15(!) pounds.

I have planned a menu or two and am cleaning the house, although with four little rugrats being set loose, only God knows why! I have battened down the hatches, even though I have found that little fingers are really experts at hatches. I have stocked the 'larder' with applesauce, microwave mac & cheese, colored goldfish, and frozen juice bars. I will set up the small rubber swimming pool with grandmotherly sprightliness. I will take my vitamins. If I were the religious type, I would pray, but perhaps some of you can do that for me.

OH, this should be so much fun...right? Photos to follow...

9 comments:

  1. I am giggling. You are in for some week-end. Don't forget the boo-boo bunny.

    Your blog looks very nice! I like it. I must give mine a fresh new look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am recovering from such a weekend. My sister is in the thralls of her grandchildren as we speak. You, too, will revel in the moments and miraculously survive them. Isn't is just amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to remember your last unappreciated weekend. ARE YOU NUTS? This would be my worst nightmare.

    I will be praying for you dear, generous Tabor. ;) Can I send you a straight jacket? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes photos of the weekend are mandatory.
    I find I can't handle my active toddler grandchidren on a healthy day for me.
    So even though it would be nice to see them it will have to wait until my shoulder heals properly.

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tabor thanks for visiting my new blog.
    Yes, the garage porch was my idea. Have done this on 3 homes.
    I never saw one before. Always seemed like the side of the garage was a straight view from the house. So I put a porch on them. Has a tin roof and my swing.
    Wind chimes and hanging baskets make it complete.
    My contractor commented and said he thought he would do this on some of his homes.
    My inspiration will probably be copied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tabor forgive me I left you a message and just read your entry.
    You are a brave soul - but younger then me.
    I can handle my 3 and 6 year old but no way could I handle two more.
    Mine are nonstop talking and activity and when they go out the door I almost have to go to bed.
    I am WORN OUT.
    Good Luck
    You have my Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:47 PM

    And so summer sails along at warp speed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll surely be praying for you! But you'll need it more after they leave.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol....and you are having those grandmotherly eager anticipations of seeing the babies again! i can read between the lines, girl!

    can't wait to see the photos. have fun! :))

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.