Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fall Freedom



The days are now crisp and clean and clear and the sky is children’s storybook blue. Clouds are downy and plump as they drift above. Below, the water dances with light as if diamonds had been sprinkled across its surface. Nighttime brings the big fat moon smiling down in the cool of the evening. Reptiles are now seen only in the warmth of the afternoon sun. The last of the summer birds have started their long, hard journey south. The few species of birds that come to stay over the winter months from up north will be arriving shortly. The last of the Pawpaws are making forest floor wine. This is my favorite time of the year.

4 comments:

  1. Going to enjoy this autumn, its always felt like the end of something. I shall enjoy it for itself. Thanks for the reminder. Lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite time too - but we haven't seen much of it yet....
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Story book blue and sprinkled diamonds. Lovely images, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:03 PM

    I love the children's story book blue line, and the whole feel of this. Such a mix of melancholy and energy, or at least that was my emotional reaction to it.

    I did not watch nearly as much of The War as Joe did. I took it in small doses and thought of my father while watching.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.