Sunday, July 15, 2007

In Memory of Texas Highways and the Lady


I lived in Texas for a few years and was able to see what fields of bluebonnets looked like. They are breathtaking and worth a visit if you have not been in Texas during bluebonnet season. We annually covered a lot of highway space...either between Texas and Colorado or between Texas and Florida visiting relatives and showing off our children. Thus, we gained a great appreciation for beautiful highways. The photo above is of my daughter and son out in a field in Texas picking wildflowers. It is a 'faded photograph' but you can guess how lovely the flowers were if they intrigued children of that age. Lady Bird Johnson left a wonderful heritage. She was a true Southern Bluebell.

5 comments:

  1. I had great admiration for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of your daughter and son looks like a Norman Rockwell painting. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we saw a field of wildflowers yesterday and said to each other: "Lady Bird!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:41 AM

    It's amazing how my regard for Ladybird has risen with my aging. Hers is a legacy that I once (in my complete angry feminist ignorance) dismissed as merely decorative. Now I see what she was doing as vital to the human soul, even for those of us who didn't know it. Good for you that you appreciated it from an early age! MLofFullFath

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Bird was a class act and that picture is a beautiful memory.

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.