Monday, February 12, 2007

And Life Goes On

Being responsible for a wonderful newly manufactured human being for an entire weekend is rewarding, daunting, exhausting, instructional and life-changing. He has been to our house before and didn't mind at all being there without the parental unit. (That is except for the Saturday nap time when he managed to get out of the Pac-n-play shortly after being put down. The Pac-n-play was totally upright as was Xman when I went in ten minutes later to check on him! Those of you who know what I am talking about will smile as well as gasp...the little guy is not yet two!)

Each day we spent some time outside in spite of the cold weather. He is an outside guy. My walk on saturday was just down the road. Hubby took Xman for a "boatride."


There were lots of hiding games including at least twice when one or both of us had a minor heart attack when we could not find the little tyke ANYWHERE!! He is quiet and stealth-like, a real challenge. I THOUGHT our house was a reasonable size, but when a little guy hides the house becomes huge and daunting.


Everywhere Xman went---so did Big Bear. Just like Christopher Robin.

Early on Saturday it was a real pleasure to watch him discover one of his favorite celestial bodies---the moon.

Here he is calling to his grandfather to come see this wonderful miracle.

11 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the pajamas with feet in them. I remember dressing my nephews in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Lovely kid! I am not a grandmother yet, but can imagine how rewarding and tiring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delightful story told in words and images.

    Something tells me that the miracle referred to in the final photo is much closer to home.

    Thanks for sharing the magic. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I had a pair of footed pajamas for these cold, damp nights! He's a doll, Tabor, and I don't wonder you're tired.

    Re your comment: I don't have any particular direction with the new blog name (just as I had no particular direction with the old one). I was just tired of the template and colors, so I decided to change names as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:56 PM

    He is adorable! I felt like I was right there looking at the moon with him.

    It was great fun for me because I didn'r have to run after him.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetheart! Your words and photos really make him "real".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tabor, thanks for the visit. All my blonde friends love these jokes, so maybe she will too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, for all the adults out there who wish they had those "feetie" jammers - you can order them online. haha (but gee, how would I know that)

    Your grandson is such a doll ... I'm sure you're beat after having him for a long visit though. Kids have a way of making us forget we're old while they're around us, then making us remember again - quickly - after they leave.

    Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable kid, Tabor! I am not a grandmother yet, but I can imagine how lovely is this!

    Thanks for the visit and for the sweet comment about Flora. She loves the scratch behind her ear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could never make it through a whole weekend...bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.