Saturday, November 11, 2006

Currently Wondering About...

There goes that last little pixel...

I was working (sporadically) on a 'tree tanka'...motivated by that very talented Tammy. It had been sitting in my drafts folder for a couple of months, and finally, I decided that I was going to publish it even though I felt it needed a little more focused work. (I have this inner feeling that tells me if you are 'working' on a tanka it is no longer a tanka.) So I published it before I left for the house late on Thursday along with the picture of the tree that motivated my creativity. Virtual electronic spirits, whose primary diet must be pixels and digital bits of light or whose primary entertainment must be squirreling away pixels and bits of light, absconded with my post. I don't know if the post sits in their tummies (I wish them much indigestion) or if it lights the way down their hidden bandwidths. Where do posts go when they disappear in the ethernet? Do they end up on someone else's blog as a shockingly naked invasion? Do they sit in a place somewhere that will someday explode in bites all over the Internet? Do they evaporate into the atmosphere and are they a future carcinogen that we should be studying? Did this one go into a collection of tankas that sit in a folder somewhere just waiting to be re-discovered? Or perhaps, my tanka was so painfully bad that the Internet police decided that they just could not let it get by.

All I know is that I don't feel I can re-capture the thought any time soon.

Have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. That's a great photo - is that the little tiny moon in the sky?
    I don't know what happens to orphan posts. Maybe they're waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is a waning moon that I caught from the deck of the house early in the morning as the sun was touching the tree tops. Maybe a troll lives under that bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:45 PM

    This is such a beautiful photo, Tabor. Is a tree tanka a poem? Pardon my ignorance...
    In any case, this photo IS a poem. I love that moon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dust bunnies. They create dust bunnies inside the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so accurately described those electronic spirits that seem to be at work around our computers...:)
    If you find the answers to your questions I for one would like to know what you discover:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:43 AM

    This reminds me of that commercial with the French couple dining and someone's sink gets unclogged and the goop falls on the French couples table.

    And this is also funny to me because I just wrote a post about tankas and such for posting tomorrow or soon.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.