Monday, November 13, 2006

Found: One Tree Tanka


You may remember last winter how the burden of a heavy new snowfall caused a large branch from a pine tree outside my bedroom window to tear away from the trunk of the tree and fall heavily to the ground. It left behind a dramatic four foot white scar where the bark had been torn away. The painful burden of such a heavy new snow weighing against each needle was just too much for the tree. (I can relate to this in so many ways.) BUT this dramatic scar seems to have healed over almost completely. (Below not exactly pivotal in creativity...but I wanted to try thanks to Tammy.)

Hidden history
Shock and scars beneath the bark
Cambium bands true
Tomorrow grows the fair ring
Healing, hiding the past.

(I am not going to tell you where I found it...but those of you who have been blogging for a while will know!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks to this I now know what cambium bands are. :) Had to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your Tanka!

    I doubt my writing would ever get published but I can write it for my friend's and family ;)

    I so miss blogging but my shoulder's are getting stronger...Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.