Monday, October 03, 2005

In Honor of the Gentle People

I was looking for my Bali trip photos during the time we lived in those islands, but I think they are probably in slide format and in storage. Balinese people are a gentle and artistic society and a small corner of the world that deserves this violence the very least of ALL of us. They absorb cultures as they move through and adapt. This photo is the only one I could find from that time and is my baby girl taking Balinese dancing lessons.

6 comments:

  1. You're so out of my league; such the well traveled lady. Your daughter was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby still a goddess?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weary, my friend, this is not a competition. I made it a goal early in my life to travel. But there were trade-offs. One of these days, I will blog more on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. X-man is adorable - and with a Mom such a looker - it is no wonder. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little girl she was! And X-man takes after her I think!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.