Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Up in the Air

I am getting ready for a trip (yes ANOTHER travel opportunity) and I am doing a little jig about it.  I just read somewhere that some rental car companies in other countries will not rent to someone 70 years of age.  So I only have a few years left to get around on my (our) own!  Then the only opportunities are more expensive.

Yet, the plans for this trip are in the hands of someone else (my son's in-laws), and I am sure we will be glad with whatever transpires and wherever we stop---hotel, a few bed and breakfasts and then a hotel.  I will tell you where when I return and bore you with at least a few photos.  (My biggest issue is how much camera gear to take!)  I am determined to take only one small suitcase.

To bring me down to earth, I have been juggling doctor's appointments as I have had a chronic cough this summer that will not go away.  The next step on the path of health discovery is that I have asked for an MRI since an X-ray ("probably underlying COPD"--whatever in the hell that means) showed nothing of significance.  But the cough is annoying everyone around me as well as myself.  Thus, I now have to take it on the trip with me and I am sure with the Ebola scare I am going to be taken aside and given a temperature reading and lots of space from passengers while others are being scanned for weapons.

This life is such an adventure, isn't it?  Makes you stronger.

I do not mean to leave readers up in the air...maybe I can blog more from there?

Stay safe from fires, floods, volcanoes and loud people until I return.

24 comments:

  1. Oh have a fun and safe trip.

    As for that cough.. have you considered that it might be acid reflux? I had a most persistent and annoying cough one summer and no heartburn pain that I could detect. I was put on a 30 day course of Nexium and the cough never returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lingering coughs are hard to get rid of. I had one for months and my doctor (ENT) put me on steroids, an antibiotic, and strong cough syrup. When I feel it coming back, I quickly take out the humidifier which usually stops it before it starts.

    I hope you have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous time. I have a fairly long trip of my own coming up and am trying to decide whether to attempt blogging from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I'm the only "loud people" I know. But seriously, have a wonderful trip. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip! I hope the mystery cough goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing a little blog catching up as we wait in the Philadelphia airport. Our flight has been delayed almost two hours. Travel has its ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bon voyage! Drink lots of fluids, that's my advice for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bon Voyage! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your trip and keep breathing!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great trip. Hopefully the cough doesn't stop you from enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did I miss? Where are you going? Meanwhile, could be allergies and you need an allergy shot. Also the acid reflux was a good diagnosis. Nexium cured me too of a cough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure that you will have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, yes, yes share photos of that trip. I want to go where ever you are going.

    Take good care of that cough. Hope the air in your travel plans will aid you. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry that they couldn't get you diagnosed right away. What a sad thing. Yes, there are meds that have the side effect of a cough. Perhaps you are taking one? Please keep us posted.

    Yup, as little gear as possible. I managed with one small suitcase plus my carryon and pillow that last cruise. It was good to go light, but I missed having a bigger choice of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you all a very nice trip! I hope the annoying cough goes away soon.

    I enjoy your text, very witty and humorous, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy yourself while I'm dodging the hot lava.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I won't tell.

    Check into reflux disease. It is very common and can create a chronic cough and throat clearing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how exciting!
    I dream of someday just picking up and going. Just think of a place and going there. It sounds delightful.
    I hope you have a fabulous time on your trip and that your nasty cough just up and leaves you alone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to hear all about it! Hope the cough clears...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard that people with Ebola don't tend to cough. I hope that's true.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've enjoyed catching up on your trip...... sorry to hear you had not been so well. You are absolutely right to venture forth and enjoy life as much as possible. thanks for sharing all the photos.
    Blessings from Dalamory

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS - I meant to say how much I have enjoyed catching up.....

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.