Saturday, April 20, 2024

Why Do I Feel Guilty?

My life plunges ahead and I keep thinking of my Bloggers and I find there is just no time ... or is it no motivation?  I just got a reminder from FB about one of the Bloggers that I read, who lives in Oklahoma (yeah, that wind sweeping down the plains... paradise!), intimating that this person could be a friend.  (Only FB data could "intimate").  It was not a friend request but one of those data mining things.  I am anonymous here on Blogger and clearly not anonymous on FB, but this does give one pause for thought about data mining, does it not? I thought I recognized her face...which is like going to a concert and seeing someone you think you know and then weeks later realizing it was someone from a former job!  

For those few who are empaths (poets in disguise) and worried...I am fine.  For those of you trying to remember who the hell I am...I am fine and still functioning with my photos and travel and navel-gazing--remember her(?)...and for those of you who DGAS...good for you!

I got back a few weeks ago from an expensive and remarkable and never-imagined cruise along the coast of South America.  I can post a few photos (LORD! I took 4,000.).   Maybe I will.  It was a cruise I would never have taken, except my 3 siblings and their spouses were going and they live so far away, I intuitively knew this would be golden.  It was listed as an "expedition."  That should give you a clue if you know anything about marketing.  Everyone there was over 60!  We did take Zodiac, Special OPs vehicles, and even a submarine to explore the ocean area.  There was also some land exploration of Santiago, Ushuaia, Buenas Aires, and a few small islands.

My husband's dementia was only mildly a problem.  He came back and had enough energy to go by himself to Ft. Lauderdale (his hometown) at the request of an environmental organization for a few days!

Yes, a lot of "S" has happened in my life.

Details?  Questions?  

Oh photos...Hell yes.  Next!


11 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful experience and no mishaps. even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hell yes, I want to know more! And I'm glad to know you are still functioning out there in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me up for an expedition cruise, it sounds fun except a big no to going in a submarine. Too claustrophobic. Good to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back, it sometimes gets a bit worrying when a blogger disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you've had a good time and with family. A bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. An expedition qualifies as a valid excuse. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed your posts ever since I discovered you. And I do look forward to a FEW of those thousands of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, spring is oh so slowly arriving here, but photos please/1 I'd love to see photos of the South American coast! And you'll be glad to know I do remember you, and would welcome your comments more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may remember how I love to travel, even vicariously. I look forward to seeing as many of your photos from your trip as you care to share.
    Do you take requests? I love to see more of Santiago, my stay there was far too brief.
    Your "expedition" sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful time. So glad you got to do it. Finding it very important to meet up with siblings when we get the chance. Mine are all within 50 miles, though. I am the youngest of 8. My eldest brother is 82 this year. We are separated by 18 years. A generation apart?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have so many blogger friends that it is getting more and more difficult to comment on everyone. I am trying to catch up this morning. Every post is delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.