Sunday, October 17, 2021

A Lot Happens in My Little Town



I just posted on my other blog about the wonderful shoreline visits last weekend in our canoe. 

This weekend I have been out and about at meetings, something that is a bit of a stretch for me with my cough. I struggled but I continued! 

During this time, I met a world-famous orchid breeder who lives in my state but handles millions of orchids in a venue in Central America.  She lives on 40 acres and has her own laboratory.


I met an elder ecologist who talked about all the data he had taken on his little part of a larger river over the last decade or so which clearly showed water rising and temperature changes in a very dramatic and terrible way over each year. 

An old high school friend of my husband sailed down from Connecticut with his wife on his "yacht" and took us out to dinner. He is (was) a nationally well-known heart surgeon who developed a unique procedure to save lives and make himself a fortune.  He and his wife were very friendly and you would never know this about them.  This was a nice reunion for my hubby. 

Me? I felt somewhat small in all this prestigious company being just a retired librarian/educator with no national or international profile. But I did enjoy all the conversation! Now, please go ride a canoe with me on my other blog.

10 comments:

  1. Did I ever tell you about the day when I dumpt a senator into the Tia Juana slough out of my canoe.

    LOL

    How wonderful the folks you meeting and are coughing on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mage, you have such an exciting hisiory...do hope you will share it all.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankk you!! Life can be intimidating.

      Delete
  3. You're a high flyer to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure you held your own amongst the company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are famous to me. And I adore your blog posts, so keep 'em coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the everyday ordinary people who keep the world turning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! You're friends with a heart surgeon who owns a yacht?! That's such fun. You're a knowledgeable librarian and educator. I know they found you just as interesting and fun to socialize with. Everyone has their own history and experiences to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it hard to believe you don't hold or own in any company, Tabor. Do so wish you could get rid of that cough!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.