Friday, December 11, 2020

Keeping Parallel

Not sure how time can fly faster and faster and faster when I am moving much slower these days.  There must be some physics formula about my solid body and the dimension of time which is not solid that overlaps intermittently.  I think it has something to do with parallel universes, those universes that say I am moving backward someplace else and getting younger.  ( There is some theory about a parallel universe that moves backward as ours moves forward.  I am not even remotely intellectual enough to go there.)

I do question that other dimension.  Do I still make the same mistakes or am I wiser? If indeed I am moving from my 70s into my 60s-50s am I wise enough to live a more healthy lifestyle?  Do I respect the elders more?  Do I understand their issues? Do I stop and smell the roses more?

Of course, I am taking this all too literally and it has something to do with order versus chaos among atoms and not a duplication of ourselves.  Even so, it would be fascinating.


Our tree is up...a small artificial tree that I put on a small table to make it look higher.  It comes with lights and we just put on decorations, not the familiar homemade type as I gave all the "kids" their decorations when they each moved into their own homes.  I have about 4 or 5 that were gifts these past years.  It is a lovely Charlie Brown tree and meets with my idea of simplicity but LOTS of gold globes and red glittery birds!  I am a conundrum...must be that parallel universe swerving.

The neighbors have all lit their docks this year...as have we.  It is getting a little competitive as some are using more lights each year!  But there are lovely reflections against the water.  Two images of lights...parallel in their beauty except one is wavy and moving and the other bright and static.


Well, time to attend to some errands. Stay parallel until our Blogs overlap once again.


19 comments:

  1. My parallel self is very confused. But I do like your Christmas tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE all are a little confused these days.

      Delete
  2. Your tree is absolutely the most brilliantly beautiful artificial tree on the plant. In the photo, it has the allusion of leaning into the sunlight source like a live plant does. Amazing. Makes me smile.
    Interesting thoughts about parallel universes. I think if a something of me is over there going into the opposite direction, then it is holding fast on the door knob to this universe. Unless I get confirmation on a do over in that parallel universe taking me back in age, then I'd rather go forward in this one to the next dimension, whatever universe happens to be there. I changed my mind about returning as a horse. I'd much rather return as female of high intellect, creativity, and excellent leadership skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lights on the water. The setting couldn’t be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, if only someone could tell us why time can flies faster and faster when we am move slower and slower these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tabor, I agree that for some reason time is flying by these days... even with a pandemic, even though we're retired... still the days go by so fast. When we were working I used to say that we needed more hours in the day. Now I still say that. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brain can't handle a parallel universe. I'm just trying to keep this one on track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brain is having quite a time coping with this universe, thank you. Let the theoretical physicists work on that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This universe is more than enough for me, and your table top tree is still bigger than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been having the feeling of time sped up for a while and I am feeling it even more since the pandemic started. I don't do near as much as I used to, but each week just flies by. I can never quite believe it when Saturday arrives again so quickly. My daughter is 37, works 12 to 14 hour days 4 days a week, is married, pregnant, has a 10 year old son. I asked her if it feels like time has sped up to her (this was before she was pregnant) and she said no, it feels just the same as always to her. I think if I asked her now, with the baby due between Christmas and New Year, and she is as big as can be, and extremely uncomfortable right now, she would tell me she thinks it feels like time is standing still, she is so ready for the baby to arrive. Meanwhile, I had an email from my friend, who is my daughter's Godmother, saying it seems like just a couple of weeks ago that we found out that my daughter was pregnant, and it's already almost time for the baby to arrive.
    I guess it is all relative. But I know so many people my age that feel that time has sped up. I never remember hearing so many people saying and feeling that way before. I wonder what the deal is with that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does seem like time has accelerated during this pandemic. I marvel at how quickly the weeks are flying by. It's Saturday again already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how fast time passes. Here's an explanation from Scientific American, it did not help me at all ha ha. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-time-seem-to-speed-up-with-age/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the article and it actually makes sense!

      Delete
  12. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Very nice photos in your other blog. Funny how I had the same (yet much smaller amount) of fog enter my yard this morning when I took our dog out, as it wasn't there at first. When I was young an older lady told me "Wait until you are my age, the days go even faster!" and now I see it. Sometimes I just like to sit outside as if I can slow time down lol. We stayed at a hotel once by the Bay Bridge (before Annapolis) right before Christmas in a snowstorm (our one son's wedding was that weekend there) and our room looked out onto the docks and it was so neat to see boats decorated with Christmas lights. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely. Slowly? You? The tree and dock look lovely...not slow at all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's worth stopping by a second or third time just to find you here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is that keeping whorizontal?
    If it is, I dont want any part.
    GBY

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.