Saturday, December 07, 2019

The Wind Up

The world revolves too fast these days, at least for me it does. I am holding my own, but I think we are like those Afghanistan wealthy citizens that hung out at bars and restaurants before the war many years ago.  We can bury ourselves in the fun and craziness of life while a storm builds in the distance. Something big and loud is coming that will make our hair stand on end.

I am back from our quick jaunt south with the family for Thanksgiving.  It was fun, but as my prior post indicated, it was a rush job.  We said goodbye to them at the airport and then drove north to visit our friends for a few days and then a retreat for just us at our local timeshare.  The place was all decorated.





The beaches were so peacefully empty and the cold was very tolerable.


I finally had time to just breathe.  Now I have to pull our small Christmas tree out of a box and decorate the living room so we have a little bit of holiday before it rushes by so fast.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely photos
    Holiday decorations make the holidays a holiday. As I age, they are what I enjoy the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really beautiful decorations. I can see why you want to make your own home look festive, after having left those bright lights behind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that way. Everything is moving too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We broiiughh our one foot tree down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are having a slow down weekend, but even that is going too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy beaches in winter. Not so many people and not too hot to walk in the sand. You sound exhausted from enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catch your breath and enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe this year I will get out my small box of decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do christmas. I just don't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:13 AM

    The timeshare looks so nice! And the beach. I was watching the history channel about Pearl Harbor. Those poor folks had no idea what was coming that day! We just never know what the day will bring. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wintery beach scene is beautiful! And those decorations are spectacular. I'd be very discouraged about putting up mine after seeing those. Glad you enjoyed your recharge time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks it looks so relaxing out on that beach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We, too, were away. Haven't bought our tree yet, but got the outdoor lights up. Agree, every year the season seems to fly by faster.

    ReplyDelete
  14. May your little bit of Christmas be merry and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. blogwalking here & followed :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.