Friday, May 24, 2019

A Very Very Quick Tour


I did not post this on Facebook because these things can be taken as bragging or "my life it greater than yours." I do not know my bloggers personally---at least most of them---so I can share without feeling I am bragging. I am just sharing my fun weekend. Along with the book store tour I got this below.



It is a gardening wonder.  The heavy canvas bag contained, two pairs of garden gloves, hand lotion, sunscreen, three heavy-duty garden tools. a pair of really good boots, a garden calendar, a blank journal to write about my garden and a bottle of nice white wine (which is already gone...).

We also visited the famous Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania established by the wealthy Pierre S. du Pont of chemistry fame.  "By the mid-1930s, Longwood had grown from the original 202 acres to 926 due to Pierre’s purchase of 25 contiguous properties over the years."  A well-funded trust was left behind when du Pont passed on to keep the gardens going much as they are today.

I will post just a few photos below (having taken over 200), for those of you who have not had the opportunity to visit this garden.  The photos just capture a hint of the variety and beauty of the gardens.



We had a picnic beforehand packed by my daughter.  It was in a large and well-shaded picnic area just outside the garden gates.



The wide open spaces gave my grandson a chance to show off his skills.  He landed upright on the opposite side without touching the table!



The above photo was missing my youngest grandson who was finishing a sports game and arrived later.







The conservatory was large and beautiful.







My peonies were almost done and because this was a climate range or two cooler, the peonies were wonderful.



Above was the Italian garden area.  So much more I could show you, but this will have to do.

14 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful place. The 1% can leave treasures behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely outing with your family, Tabor. Lots of great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pics, Tabor! That pink peony is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic place, Tabor. I enjoyed all the pictures you showed, and you made me realize what a treasure it is to have this place. Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful place. I'd have to have several days I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing some of the lovely things you saw on your birthday with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos bring back memories of a long ago visit to Longwood. That grandson has impressive jumping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This isn't bragging at all. It's sharing your joy and letting us feel happy for you. What a gorgeous place to visit. I do love those peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear you have some horrible scammer comments on your blog. You need to change your options so that anonymous people can't comment. Also report the Indian one as scam.
    Its a shame there are such sad people in blogland.
    I loved the tour of the gardens and the pictures of your family especially the one of your athletic grandson. Your gift is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usuallly have approval required after a week and that avoid most. I have also marked both of these as spam in the past dozens of times when they are in the column awaiting moderation. I will deleted the above.

      Delete
  10. Love your pics. I saw the Christmas decorations at Longwood Gardens in 2017 -- a sight not to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Made me go "ahhhh" and take a nice deep breath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your pictures
    what a wonderful trip
    and family time is always special.
    My traveling days probably over
    but wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos and appreciate your sharing — glad you’re able to have these adventures and we can enjoy vicariously.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.