Wednesday, December 06, 2017

The Wounded Warrior




We lost a "wounded warrior" Blogger yesterday.  She had not been able to blog for several years but fought her battle with ALS on Facebook where many of us continued to support her.  She recently added a new war against cancer.   She was strong, witty, and funny to the very end with the support of her loving husband, Dave.   Knowing her made a difference in my life and that of many others.   She left a legacy of hope and determination for all of us who fight our daily battles.  I will miss her terribly.

10 comments:

  1. I am sorry to read that you have. more sadness in your life. ALS is such a terrible disease that strikes so many people. May she Rest In Peace and may others learn courage through her example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your friend, Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a horrible disease. I am glad that she no longer suffers and raises the awareness of so many about ALS. My husband had a good friend who died last year from it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the loss of your friend. It's been a bad time for losing bloggers as this is the third I've heard of a person's loss who had impacted lives. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sympathy and prayers for her love ones and friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so sorry. It’s really sad to lose a blogger friend. We get to know each other so well that it’s hard to say goodbye. I’ve lost two this year and I really felt the loss. I can still hardly believe that Marianna on the Big Island is gone. She was so strong and full of ideas until the very end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was a special person. Hattie/Marianna is gone too. My memory won't forget the four bloggers that I now keep in my heart. Thanks for this. My favorite art teacher died of ALS is gone too. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. She sounds like a terrific person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please accept my condolences for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about you loss. I have also lost a blogger to ALS.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.