Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pirouetting, Pirouetting, and Focusing on the Wall.

My world is still spinning much like that energizer bunny gymnast.  We celebrated a 46th anniversary with hubby buying the roses that smell good but do not last long.  That is OK by me.  We had a sunset dinner in the next town.


This was followed by the arrival of friends from Florida for two days, and then followed by my son, wife and in-laws staying for two days and we all attended a rock concert, and then we immediately left them for a three day weekend at a freshwater lake with the daughter, her husband and their three little ones to celebrate belatedly hubby's birthday!

House Guest that fears boating (a little.)

Grandson canoeing

Granddaughter working on gardening badge.
This was immediately followed by bringing two of the grands back with us for a week of board games, canoeing, swimming, cooking, working on Scout badges (such as making a Zen garden), watching movies, etc.

Today I get to take a deep breath for about 6 hours after cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms.  Hubby is returning two of the grands to their parents and picking up the youngest (5) for our week with him before the start of school.  I will return...I will return...I just need a nap.......

21 comments:

  1. Keep doing, it all sounds wonderful.
    Thank you for your kind words on my journal.
    Now the thought
    I love to write
    so do I write about this continued journey
    or stop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say you should write because of your love of writing and your journey, but only you can actually answer the question.

      Delete
  2. No wonder you need a nap. Great to have time with family and friends though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to wear out than rust. Enjoy the youngest, he's at the age where you might be able to put on an animated movie every afternoon and take a nap on the couch next to him while he watches (and maybe snoozes, too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!! Yes, do take a nap! Your grand daughter's garden is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a whole lot of the good kind of busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the real Energizer bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting processing technique. I think it works really well on the girl gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy, busy, busy, but oh so lucky to have all that love around you. Making memories with grandchildren is the best that life gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the 46th anniversary. It's a remarkable achievement. And enjoy your grandkids; I'm quite jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures. I believe your friend has white knuckles. LOL Your photo enhancements are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too like the photos. What's the effect you use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last week was one of those weeks for me too. We had DIL here with grandkids for an evening; a few days later son brought the grandkids back for a few days; followed by a couple to lunch who she is beginning a writing career and looking for tips and he works with hubby; then came a sell day for one of the steers to a guy who kills them according to Islamic traditions and is one of our major customers for our grassfed beef. At that point, I only wanted to go into a hole somewhere although my own interests are far from the book I am starting and more about renting a house on Orcas for a week... :) That won't get the next book written though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew! Got a little whiplash reading. You'll have lots of good memories to review over winter. Love the mandala rose. I'll take a rose that smells good over one that lasts long any day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's turning out to be quite a summer. Last time I stayed on Orcas I was still kayaking and went with my sister who was housesitting. Heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please explain how you did the photo enhancements, I have not a clue, and would like to try it.
    Glad that you are having a great time with friends, hubby, and family. Those are the best of days, enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoof! That was quite the journey. And I also love the photo enhancements, especially granddaughter's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 46th! What a whirlwind few weeks. I'd need a nap, too! Love the grasses photo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations. Nothing like a little love to go a long way. Bravo to all of you...now grab that nap.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my!! That is busy! Yikes!
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.