Sunday, March 27, 2016

I Have Reappeared

Returning home after a week away with grand kids...beaching, biking, walking, swimming, flying kites, eating.  Got some good exercise which did make me resolve to be more active here at home.  I will see how that resolution pans out as we move into the much warmer days of summer.  Will not bore you with photos, although I took many.  It is a privilege to have such free-wheeling time with family even when my son-in-law tends to "correct/contradict" me on a number of my comments!  I am giving him more slack these days as he (a very conservative Catholic Republican) has come to both a crises in his religious faith and a crisis in politics.  The movie, Spotlight, seemed to sear his soul, and he actually voted for Bernie last month!  While Trump may be bringing confused lost souls to the GOP he is also driving many away.

I have returned but still have lists...long lists that have to do with re-entry.  

My husband is going away in a few days on his crazy overseas (expensive) project which meant I was looking forward to almost three weeks of being alone.  Eating when and what I want, wandering around the house at all hours, etc.  But he is leaving me some of his project chores here to monitor!  I also have spring gardening work to do.  I really feel a need for a major spring cleaning of the house which should take two days.  The last item is some short presentation to our "wonderful" commissioners that has been dumped on me last minute.  All of this to be started after going through the box of mail, the piles of laundry and the grocery shopping today since there is no food in the house. 

Retirement and winter months of being indoors do make one lazy, I fear.

Anyway, now to catch up on some blog reading.  (For those who celebrate, may your Easter be joyous.)


15 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Time with the grandkids is a great reality check I find. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. Let's hear it for crises of faith and politics. Free Thinking is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. crises, crisis...oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, and i hope your three weeks does include some time to just be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back and after such a wonderful family time. I think we are suffering a little crisis of political faith :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be somewhat painful for your son-in-law to finally realize that what he has believed to be true and right isn't what he thought. still, I would be hard pressed to sit silent while being constantly corrected. my husband will do that to me assuming his memories of shared events are always more correct than mine. I finally told him to stop correcting me. my house is desperately in need of a good cleaning but I'm not likely to do it. not when the outdoors is calling so loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is always so much to do after returning from being away, and one needs another vacation after catching up. Take one of those "alone" days and use it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home and a joyous Easter. This election is producing a crisis for many. Living through big social changes does that. Disturbing as this kind of change can take decades, been decades in the making. Old cowboy quote, "Pull your hat down tight and hang on!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you had a good time and returned home safely. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you got some good time with the grandkids.
    Sure miss not getting to see mine as much as I did in the past. Hoping to get more time with them this year.
    How very kind of you to give a very conservative Catholic Republican some slack...

    ReplyDelete
  11. family time is wonderful
    but after all settles down
    there is a lot to do and organize
    Spring cleaning here by the woods
    now takes weeks :)
    take time for you
    so much does not really matter
    and I am learning
    At the moment
    kitchen being invaded by ants
    and do not like spraying :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. What Linda Reeder said. I agree that you need to take a day for yourself during those three weeks, at least one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, groceries first then husband stuff. Laundry here tomorrow. You can always sit and read between loads of laundry. Yes? Forget the projects for the moment. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your son in law's conversion gives me hope. On the other hand I don't know how to integrate a couple of family members who support Trump. Aliens among us?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like a lovely time with grandchildren. They will always remember happy times with you. And you are probably influencing your son in law more than you think. I envy you having the energy to do the things you do!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.