Friday, March 15, 2013

Gotcha!

Gotcha!  I changed my header out of boredom today.  It has taken me the entire week to get back on a normal waking/sleeping schedule.  I slept 10 hours last night, which is something I have not done in a long, long time.  I have forced myself to get out of the house to do various (backbreaking) volunteer work projects and that has (maybe) got me adapted to the sunset/sunrise timing.  I think this header photo on my blog is too large...so working on that as soon as I can count pixels once again.  This photo is from a statue on the beach at Puerto Vallarta.  I want to feel like her!  (Also looking like her might be a plus.)

I feel like my blood is made with molasses and yet at the end of next week I am going off again to spend time with my daughter and her family to a beach place about a 9 hour drive south of where I live.  I am looking forward to this...I keep telling my self that as I see my house needs major spring cleaning, my garden and yard need major spring cleaning and my brain needs major spring cleaning!

Even the Mexican coffee I brought back does not seem to burn out the webs.

Grannie Annie asked if current events in Mexico made me concerned to go.  No because Mexico is a huge country and the crime that is reported is very localized.  Statistically Puerto Vallarta gets 1.5 MILLION tourists a year and that is just ONE resort city.  I honestly was a little more concerned about my trip to Jamaica a while back.  The crime and human trafficking that is reported on such a small island were of more concern.  But I had to admit that I found the Jamaicans lovely, polite, friendly and only on occasion asking for money and we pretty much avoided Kingston entirely.  I mean it is even somewhat dangerous these days to take a cruise so I will not hide out in a cave until I die!

Going to make some coffee now....

10 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I am not going to stay at home out of fear that something might happen to me.
    But I could not operate at the hectic pace you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy yourself. I love the new header. Is the statue at that angle or did you angle it for the header?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy this special time.
    I spent the day with my little ones yesterday, shopping, eating and waiting a long time for mom to pick up.
    Very tired this morning
    and will take it slow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new header!
    Enjoy your time with your daughter and her family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to know you are brave:) My agoraphobia is much better since having met Ron but I still have a few phobias left and venture cautiously out of my comfort zone.

    That statue is of you...don't you see the bird she is holding?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is the beginning of the fiscal year in Japan and I now just feel like the lady in the picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The header looks great. Please have a cup for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you woke up and are shining. I liked those statues and do not have as good pictures as you. The time changes have done you in, but glad to read you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly didn't know what it was at first and had to look hard. I thought it was a tree branch. Have fun at the beach (again!)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.