Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Got Points?

I am going away for a week's vacation.  Since I am retired you may ask why in the hell I need a vacation.  I don't.  But because I am in the elite upper income bracket I have something called "points" that I will lose if I do not use.  Do not ask me to explain this point system because I will have to tell you that is is like joining a fancy country club where you give them $10,000 for a year's membership and they allow you to eat rubber chicken next to another person who has $10,000 to give away.  Instead of this they give me a week in some questionable hotel in another country along with all the rubber tortillas that I can eat next to other people with 'points.".

I promise to come back with stories about food, culture, scenery and nature.  I am going to one of those areas where all the tourists go...not the rich tourists...just the people who like to drink margaritas on a beach and look at women in bikinis.  I am not one of those people either.  I like a beach for a day or two, but then I want to see the faces of the people who live here, the faces of the animals that live here and the culture and geography that makes these faces the way they are. 

In the between time I have posted a photo of what I currently (and all winter long) have seen from my dock.  My neighborhood is not as high class as you may think.  The trailer behind the tug and barge has been empty for a few years, but it may be for rent if you are interested.



19 comments:

  1. It's a nice crane tho.

    Gosh, a real yahoo of a mess. You just go have fun and one of these days take a moment and explain all these points in a way we can understand.

    Have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe you'll meet someone not unlike yourself, someone with a sense of irony.

    Last year we were informed that we had 55,000 points that were about to expire, and we didn't even know what they were talking about b/c we'd cancelled the credit card years ago. I cashed in the points for gift cards for everybody I could think of & still had points left over to "buy" a wine rack and a smoker. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. We all need time to recharge our batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy yourself. What a mess across from the dock, someone going to build something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learned throughout the years that "all that glitters is not gold;" that privilege, money, and points do not always get us a good and tender serving of chicken. However, make the best of this opportunity and enJOy!
    Looking forward to hearing about your vacation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a change of scenery is always good - and it looks & sounds like yours is going to change considerably! have a great time away - looking forward to your insights when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vacation sounds wonderful.
    rubber chicken?? Ha
    I have been at some banquets that they serve that! Yuk!
    Have fun
    Hugs

    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you on the beach thing. Two days and I am like "enough already!"

    I love to amble around and see the real places and people I vist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a good time and help yourself to my share of rubber chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a good time and help yourself to my share of rubber chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time. May I point out that you have pointedly left out a few salient points in this Got Points post?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no points
    with no travel in a long long time.
    My children have points like you
    and travel.
    A big part of me
    is missing the ocean
    and new landscapes
    Maybe it will happen...

    ReplyDelete
  14. RYN: Thanks so much for the critique. I hope I have fixed that burp and it now reads with better focus.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not understand your strange ways. What are these "points" of which you speak?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:16 AM

    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha on the juxtaposition of elite and construction and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha on the juxtaposition of elite and construction and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How much is rent on the trailer?

    Hope you are having (or did have) a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.