Thursday, July 19, 2012

Signs of This Time

My trip north through Maine toward Prince Edward Island and back through New Hampshire provided lots of opportunities for photos, many of which I have deleted upon my return already.  I will not bore you with them all, but here are a few that certainly reflect the area and are very different from what I might see in my neck of the woods.

Best place for breakfast in Bar Harbor.


Great place for a lobster roll at the ferry crossing.

Quote of Lucy Maud Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables.  Taken where she grew up.

Enough said...or written!

There were no skiers that I could see!

We didn't, but there were plenty of places where we could!








12 comments:

  1. I'm grinning at every shot. How nice to have such a wealth of things to use in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't a part of the country I've visited but your wonderful pictures make me want to add it to our bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing.
    Makes me want to travel.
    Oh, how I miss lobster
    in my area...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made a similar trip up that way, traveling all the way from Auburn, Alabama. It's a long drive all the way to PEI! But it looks like you hit some high points. Feel free to share more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bear + 2 cubs was a warning but how many people would see it as an invitation to go visiting the bears?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful, clear and colourful photos. Makes me a bit ashamed of my own offerings. Still, the fun is in the remembering and the sharing, so thanks for sharing your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely. I hardly know that area at all. The cafe looks so pleasing to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots... makes me want to take a small road trip! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That part of the country is only in my imagination from reading about it. More photos ~ bring em on. Loved the bear warning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love both Bar Harbor, Maine and PEI. Did you see the Anne of Green Gables play in Charlottetown?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw my Cousin who has a business in Bar Harbor this week at my destination further North. Interesting we were thru the same zone recently!
    I'm allergic to shellfish- no lobster for me, I had to turn it down for supper. My brother in Maine used to sell them n shrimp, which I can't eat either! I'm very boring at the restuarant, n actually hate eating out...
    Anne: I feel the same way about my deck garden-

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.