Thursday, May 24, 2012

Indexing This blog


I rarely look at my stats from Blogger since that is not my motivation for writing, but the other day I was curious as to the searches that lead to this blog...

famous russian drawings--4
osprey feather--3
zen--7
bad karma stories--6
bob marley hold hands with president--2
chinese help americans during wwii--2
how does people dress in jamaica--2
how much is scrap metal worth in michigan--2
i think too far ahead--2
osprey feathers--10
fiddle and faddle photos--8

These searches were entered over the past month I think.  Anyway, while some of these are really nice, and others are very confusing,  I clearly need to do a better job in wording my titles and in creating subject labels for my posts!

Yesterday we took a drive to the north part of the county and I captured some lovely scenery.  Lets see what descriptions I can give these to get more interesting hits!


This is the historic George Peters house and I could find absolutely nothing on this house on the Internet.  Guess I will have to look around locally!

This is why the chicken crossed the road, because this was on the exact opposite side.  The beauty captured me so I almost walked into an oncoming car on this lonely stretch of road.
Speaking of chickens crossing the road...we were weren't we?... this was a surprise bird that was crossing the road!

He is so stunning that he could stop traffic anywhere!  (Now I am waiting for Purdue hits or maybe KFC--that is an inside U.S. joke.)

20 comments:

  1. I'd cross the road to see any of those - house, field, peacock! Lovely photos.

    How do you trace hits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your pictures are stunning. Is that a red chimney on the little white house? Amazing. I always love peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a peacock! But scrap metal in Michigan? I'm trying to think back on what post that might have been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever make a calendar and sell it, put me down for a dozen or so.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pauline, go to Blogger Dashboard and on the middle drop menudown that is on the right side of the screen select stats. then on the far left of that screen select Traffic and the next window at the very bottom has the search keywords statistics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uttara6:56 AM

    Thats a stunning peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogger does a nice job of hiding those stats...why, I've actually had THREE PEOPLE look for things on my site! Wow! [Smirks, puffs up chest]

    ReplyDelete
  8. My stats of blog views are astonishing. One of the most visited is "How to peel farm fresh eggs". Second is "Happy Tooth". Weird huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. the peacock is stunning. adore those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rather hate myself for this, but when you said "KFC", my first thought was, "I wonder what a deep-fried peacock would taste like?"

    (By the way, I expect that if you had put "peacock" into the title of this, it might end up getting all sorts of hits, for both the right and the wrong reasons.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to mention that that second photo is absolutely magnificent. I would like to be there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What marvelous images. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:56 AM

    I looove that peacock. Nice to see such wide open green places! It tends to be congested on Oahu.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great landscape photos. The scenery is amazing. I just discovered the stat keywords the other day, and I don't have nearly as much traffic as you, but the few that did come to my site using keywords....confused me. Some of the stuff that was typed in was so far out there. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a sweet little house - and you saw a peacock!?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the light, and your peacock is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use to have 2 peacocks at the old farm house.
    They were the best burglar alarm system. Alerted me if anyone came down drive.
    Love the images...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always read the keyword searches... n have saved files when intersting. I get alot of "Green Cow"...
    Funny enough since I posted about a "SpongeBob party", I'm averaging double the number of searh hits than before!
    There, now it's in your comments to come up on that search too...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photos and scenes are lovely.

    Gee, I didn't know peacocks could survive Michigan winters. One of my most popular posts has been the Peacock Feather Dilemma which sure surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Peacock feathers are truly one of nature's most beautiful natural products. As in most type of feathers, the male Peacock feathers are stunning, while the female Peacock feathers are in natural brown tones. See a wide range of Peacock Feathers on Plumesnfeathers.com.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.