Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Thus far today my birthday has proceeded according to a typical plan.

  1. Last night my granddaughter, who is staying at my house this week, had a horrendous nightmare and then proceeded to come down with a nasty cough the rest of the night...no sleep for me.
  2. This is birthday breakfast at my house in the photo above.  E-Z prep.
  3. Last night hubby asked if by any chance I had purchased the cake candles when I went grocery shopping!
  4. This morning, on my birthday, hubby asked if I had come across the cake mix and candles that he hid!  He can't find  the bag anywhere!  (Don't ask, because I cannot answer your many questions on this.)  I have spent 15 minutes helping him look without luck.
  5. He finally found the bag under his jeans on his bedroom chair.
  6. The first, and thus far only, birthday call I have received by 10:00 A.M. was on my cell and it was from my stockbroker!  
  7. We are eating dinner out (the 3 of us) and I am hoping that the restaurant doesn't burn down today.
  8. My last gift today will probably be a cold from that precious little girl in the photo.

20 comments:

  1. Well, considering your day so far, the least I can do is wish you a Happy Birthday! Hope Hubby doesn't set the home ablaze with your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy birthday and best wishes for the coming year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday....I had mine last Friday...sometimes it seems like it is more work for me to celebrate MY birthday than it should be...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, but I'm leaving off the bit about "returns of the day."

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be good that the special day went on just like ordinary days, because it may be what the happiness is, I guess... Happy Birthday from Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A rather late birthday wish from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday, tabor - and pleasse don't catch the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Tabor, may you stay healthy and I hope that cutie in the Christmas pjs gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! It's my birthday too and I think I got the better day, friends and flowers and good times and no one giving me a cold. Better luck next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Tabor!! My stockbroker always remembers my birthday too; it's so touching.

    Stay healthy, and enjoy the coming holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and here I am, late to the "party." I had to laugh about the hubby questions. Around here, we call that manbrain. I hope the rest of the day improved. Belated Happy Birthday to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry but I am laughing. Hope your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Late to the party. I'm assuming the restaurant did not burn down? Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tabor, belated happy birthday! After reading this post, I bet you really had a good time :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another belated happy birthday to you who is so special in my life. No colds. I said so. The restaurant did not burn down. You are much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi There, Hope you don't get a cold from your granddaughter... Colds this time of year can be horrible....

    Happy Belated Birthday to you.. Sorry I'm LATE .... BUT--I do hope you had a good day and enjoyed your dinner OUT.. Hope the restaurant didn't burn down...

    Did hubby find that bag from the grocery store???? How funny!!!!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. RYN: Most of the grandkids have moved away. One here in town has been so college focused that we haven't heard from her, and her brother, just back from Afghanistan, hasn't given us his new address tho I have emailed him often. We have one coming to dinner tomorrow. It's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had...a grand to stay...a hubby who needs you...an invite to dinner..What a lucky Birthday girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Very Happy Birthday and Best Wishes, Tabor! (Sorry my delay...)
    Your granddaughter looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.