Friday, May 06, 2011

Home is Where They Have to Take You In

To those who actually care, and with such loving surprise to me, some of you do...

Hubby is home! Safe and sound.

How do I know, other than I drove the hour and half to pick him up, waited an extra 30 minutes for him to clear customs, and managed to find my way out of the cell phone parking lot to the arrival area on time?

I know because even though he was tremendously jet-lagged he let me stop at the HUGE landscape place on the way back from the airport to buy $80 worth of plants and actually pushed (drug) the cart all over the cobbled paths for me.

I know because this morning there are shoes left under the breakfast table and a bill cap hat on the floor next to his chair. I know because I see the $300 binoculars left out overnight in the rain on the deck table (they survived nicely).   I know because he is not hungry at dinner but is hungry at midnight and I hear him rustling up some cereal in the kitchen and then watching CNN. I know because he is jealous(!) I hired a yard service for the next month. I know because his favorite teapot is now always on the counter.

I know because we spent 30 minutes yesterday afternoon looking for his cell phone (a familiar routine)...in the garden...in the cars...in the garage...in every room in the house.  After calling it and listening carefully we heard a kitten-sized ring in our closet where he had left it in some pants that he had worn and then shoved in a drawer!

Yes, he is home and my life is now busier.

20 comments:

  1. LOL! When one of my crew loses their cell phone it is either on vibrate or the battery is dead so it makes it a real challenge.

    Glad all is well at the homefront. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!! Welcome home!! Enjoy dear one
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as if you are fairly happy about that! LOL

    Welcome home, mr. Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny. Glad he is back safe and sound, and very sweet that he went to the sale after his travels. It's true what they say...gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When David gets home--it is ramen(lime and chili)at 3am. The kitchen table-top becomes invisible. A mountain of packs,bags,shoes,boots,coats,electronics,and assorted sundries appears.(It stays that way while he is home. And we eat on the porch)

    The unheard-for-weeks bird-call resumes. "Have-you-seen-my-?" "Where-is-the-?" 'Where-the-hell-did-I-leave-my-?"

    The air around me becomes busy again. And he turns his cell off. There is always the landline.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good to me. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I often forget where I place my phone. You sounded like my hubby when I read the second to the last paragraph. Hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your world is complete again, yeehaa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds nice! I wish I had someone coming home to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super, welcome home hubbie of Tabor. I love the generosity you two show show each other. Live long and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Just see what you missed? Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing how a cap left on the floor can be a welcome sight after your loved one has been gone for awhile. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, what would we do without them.

    No matter how wacky they might seem at times, the nice ones are worth having home. (not necessarily always, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad he's back! I hope his plans work out. Hide the binoculars, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice that all your pieces are in place again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy he is home
    safe and sound
    Pleased you found your cell phone
    I am constantly losing mine
    and also the land line :)
    Enjoy this time
    I send you a smile and a hug...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Tabor! You inspired our blog for today! Cheers from Penticton BC Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so very happy that your dear one is home! As much as I love life independent when mine is away, I really know how rich he makes my days when he is back. Welcome Home, and Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, those tell-tale signs really give him away! lol

    Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like a (mildly) rude but (majorly) welcomed change in your routine. I know that feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.