Monday, October 26, 2009

Salt Is in the Air

Hubby left over a week ago and the days are now starting to wear quietly thin knowing he will not return for several more weeks. Fortunately the angles of the sun against the leaves of the trees and the visit of an osprey have helped pass the time. Today I blew the leaves off the deck and patio and the small back lawn. I startled a little gray frog that had set up his winter housekeeping at the corner of one of the steps under the leaves.

I then planted my 20 alliums, maroon and white, into a nice curve beside the chaste plant. I look forward to their blooming this summer.

I also got motivated and vacuumed the floors, cleaned all bathrooms, and dusted and polished furniture. When bored, Tabor fills her time with tasks that make her fill less guilty.

Then I sat down and poured myself a glass of Biltmore chardonney while I pondered how to industriously fill the rest of the day. Oh, nuts, I conceded. and just grabbed my camera and walked barefoot across the pointy gravel to the dock and began to do what I love the most, snap pictures. Below are photos of the lovely saltbush that grows prolifically along the riverside. It smells so musty and earthy this time of year and mimics the snows to come by throwing off its feathery seeds in your face as your saunter by. Be sure to click on the photos to really see the beauty of this bush.




7 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen that bush before. Very pretty - before it starts to molt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bush looks like soft pet hair. Seeing your photo makes me want to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the magic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I clicked, I clicked. How gorgeous it looks against that velvety black backdrop. Great photography. Guilt? Unavoidable, just say "Hi Guilt, here you are again" and do something enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I clicked to enlarged and was afraid to breathe lest the seeds fly onto my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doing of the separation I just went through was much easier than the preparing for it. Joe's home now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I don't like cleaning the house if there are other people around. :)

    Turns out that you're still productive without your hubby. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.