Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Collecting Seeds

Fall for me is filled with deadheading the blossoms of my flowers and carefully collecting the seeds of those annuals that I want to regrow next year. I spent a small fortune on packets of seeds this year and hope to reduce that expense by starting my seed larder. I purchase beed containers at the craft store and dry the seeds and tuck them away for spring.

The photo above is from seeds of the the black eyed Susan vine or Thunbergia Alata... and, yes, if you clicked on the photo for a closer look, I think they look like that also! They are vessels of reproduction, after all.

8 comments:

  1. Love seeds, they are so beautiful and they have in their core life, much life.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - remember the photo you posted a while back of some of your veggies? got the same theme going on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos. I'm not much of a gardener, well, I'm not at all; It's interesting to learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good thing! I love looking at photos of your flowers and plants. With the seeds we are sure to see some beaties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an avid gardener to work so hard. I admire you but am glad I no longer have the chore of keeping a yard looking it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I save seeds too but still haven't figured out how long you can keep doing it from the same original donor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I save seeds too but still haven't figured out how long you can keep doing it from the same original donor.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.