Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Am a Surprise, My Grandaughter Seeps, and My Grandson...well!


My grandson told me the other day that his mother said he had three surprises waiting for him when he climbed into the car from pre-school and two of them were people. I looked at him with a questioning frown and said "People??" He looked up at me with those warm brown eyes and silly smile and said "Yes, you and Doc!" Doc is what he calls his grandfather and we had just arrived that evening to spend the night. I like being a surprise even better than being surprised.

My granddaughter woke up from her deep night's sleep the first morning after her visit and called out to me, "Neena!" "Neena!" When I opened the door to the room where she had been sleeping she peered at me through the mass of hair hanging in front of her eyes and smiled. "I seeping!" she said. (I think she meant sleeping, but she also seeps when she sleeps if you know what I mean.)

While racing through the Wal-Mart yesterday toward the toy section with my 4-year-old grandson to select the 'promised' toy, we had to go past the women's lingerie section. There at the end of the aisle was a 'full' display of padded bras in bright colors with ribbons and lace. Xman could not stop himself (what male can?) and running to the display actually pinched the middle of one bra cup and with a gleam in his eyes smiled up at me and said "Boobies!" (Remember, he is 4!) This precocious 4-year-old has already asked the anatomy questions on the difference between boys and girls to his pre-school teacher and she had to send a 'smiling' note home to the parents to explain that she had referred these anatomy questions to them. (My daughter is saving the note.)

Next weekend my step- nephew who is in his 20's is visiting us with his new girlfriend...whom his parents have not yet met. Therefore I have strict instructions to keep my eyes open and tell them everything as well as take pictures because they think the pictures on his Facebook page are not good enough! I must put on my spy cloak, I guess. At least I have not been requested to deal with anatomy answers or sleeping arrangements!


11 comments:

  1. "I seeping!" I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the X-Man, what a guy! At least he didn't do what my grandson did at that age. Michael grabbed the bra and ran through the store shouting "Boobies, boobies, boobies!"

    Did you clarify the granddaughter's "seeping" comment? That's a good one.

    Hope your nephew's fiance get's a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is quite precocious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun spirit here. The title intrigued me on. I can just see the whole thing play out and hear your granddaughter call Neena!

    I sometimes seep when I sleep too, but from my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about your grandchildren. You so obviously enjoy having them and they obviously enjoy being with their Neena. I guess seeping could be taken another way, but I'm with you; I'm sure she meant sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny kids are the greatest joy.A seeping girl and a precocious boy - enjoy them while you can, they grow up far too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love posts like these because I feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'd love to be a suprise soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you start my morning off with a grin today. We too want updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to read about your grandchildren and how much you love them and how much they enjoy their grandparents.

    What fun you are having!!

    Thanks for the birthday message.
    I think you are an inspiration too.

    Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandson is a bright little guy. I'll bet you that after Mum explains those differences to him, he'll be informing the teacher about what he's learned. Watch for another smiley note. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Facebook has given you additional responsibilities Tabor.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.