Sunday, July 12, 2009

Because You Asked

I received some lovely comments on my prior post as it touched a chord in some readers. The reason it touched a chord is that we are all on the same boat...some going first class and some going steerage and some hanging on the edge of the stern for dear life. And we all get to shift places on this boat, usually without being asked.

In answer to some questions about the creation of the post, it did not take me long to write it. It really did just flow from the heart. I have traveled a lot and have seen some of this in my travels. I did research by looking up traditional names starting with T from various countries via the Internet. I did research by perusing some world headlines to stimulate thought.

I have been on travel, a second road trip, this time to the enticing mountains of West Virginia on a hiking adventure which included viewing mountain meadows, rocky crags and waterfalls like that above. I will reminisce briefly on that trip once I get the photos all processed. I will also attempt to catch up on reading blogs. It seems that it is very easy to get far behind as my blog list keeps growing.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you wrote this because I went back and read your prior post which I had missed...a masterpiece...connecting you to the world in such a creative way!! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I went out west to the four corners area and came home to Virginia by train. As soon as we hit West Virginia I sighed with relief and felt at home again. All that rolling green!

    I think the last post is a poem. I wonder if I said that already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad RSS readers won't look at the blogs for you, too -- pick out the good entries, summarize the rest. I know it'd help me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean to tell me, Bill, that not all my entires are 'good'. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. However the inspiration for your previous post came to you, it was a masterpiece and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thought provoking post...I went back and read it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. West Virginia?! I know that place from the song "Take Me Home, Country Roads". I've always loved that song, probably because I know how it feels like to be far away from home.

    Can't wait to see your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do you separate the blogs.....what delight both offer.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.