Thursday, June 18, 2009

Friko's Meme

Friko tagged me for a meme a few days ago. I don't usually play along, but I have just gotten back from a funeral and am not yet in good blogging rhythm so decided to take her challenge. I wrote these answers shooting straight from the hip in about three minutes total. Only #11 and #15 caused me to pause and come back to them after some thought. If you are up to it or in blog stasis and need an idea I challenge you to play along.

1. If one song were to describe your life, what song would that be?
"She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain When She Comes." (In other words, eventually I will get where I am supposed to be, I hope.)
2. Which item of clothing do you wear most?
"Underpants" (Cute lacy things ;-))
3. When did you get up today?
6:30 AM---I actually slept in!

4. Last thing you bought?
Rose fertilizer
5. What are you listening to:
The Pink Martini (I saw them last week live.)
6. If you were a God/Goddess, who would you be?
Diana--she was the tough one.
7. Favourite holiday spot?
Some place that I have not yet traveled to. (Although if I never get to travel again I will say Bali.)
8. What are you reading right now?
A Thousand Splendid Suns
9. Favourite Film?
Out of Africa
10.First thing you do in Spring?
Smell the earth.
11.Funniest thing you saw in your life?
Well, I have answered all of the questions and come back to this and thought and thought. Something funny 'seen' usually means slapstick humor or a pratfall and I don't find those so funny anymore. I guess I haven't had a good belly laugh in quite a while and things I remember don't seem so funny anymore. (Now when we start playing a game of Ballderdash I sometimes laugh so hard I can wet my pants.)
12. Who is your hero/heroine?
Right now it is President Obama, but there have been many others before.
13. Share some wisdom?
Don't forget to breathe deeply as you start your day.
14. If you were a tree, what tree would you be?
A banyan...a big fat banyan.
15. Fictitious character/s who made a lasting impression on you?
Had to think for a while because most of those who impress me are real people, but I guess I will say Kermit the Frog and secondly Charlie Brown.
16. Four words to describe you?
Picky, happy, creative and curious. (Also fiercely loyal, but that makes a complex five.)
17. Why do you blog?
Why not? What else can I do with my words that, so far, gives me some complimentary feedback?

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting answers, Tabor. I like the last one very much. It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kermit the Frog. I loved him when he sang Rainbow Connection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Banyan tree got me, lots of fun memories of Banyan trees as a small girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this meme a while ago and it took me longer than you. I guess I'm really slowing down.

    Out of Africa was a very good film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celia, I have seen some of the most beautiful banyans in the tropics during my travels...the stories they could tell! Darlene, I thought that I should try to do it as fast as possible so it would be truly true. Just gut instinct.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like reading this meme, because it allow me to know you better.

    Thanks for your comment on Leaves of Grass. I don't know if the couple catch some fish... but in the freshwater of Jurumirim's Dam, there is many species, like Lambari (Astyanax),Tilapia, and many fishes of the largest family of catfish.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.