Monday, July 09, 2007

My Simple Holiday

My 4th was spent in an historic small town. If you look at the sign below you will see that these people are straightforward and honest.

A pending storm made us think the pilots would have a daisychain to untangle rather than enjoy the fireworks...but not so. Tornado watch and yet no touchdown, storm and hail warnings and we were spared!

Did I mention it was a small town? The traditional parade included a jazzercise class among other things (i.e. a Caribbean Santa Clause). Only in America can you get so funky on a holiday.

So, can you guess where I was? (Stop on over at Room Without Walls to see the cutest little fruit gobbler ever.)

4 comments:

  1. It never fails: Small town, big parade. Cuteness abounds. Flags are waved. And so on and so on. Really pumps me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lot of fun, wherever it was. We once were in Tijuana, Mexico on the 5th of May and saw a similar parade. I don't thibk they had a Jazzercize class, though.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quaint town and you know I just love fruit gobblers. :)

    That sign was too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:33 AM

    You were in my town -- Annapolis! It is a great place to live -- as well as to visit -- and I am so happy I moved here seven years ago. Glad you had fun. I'll admit I've never been to the July 4th parade, but I've watched the fireworks from the Academy grounds.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.