Friday, May 25, 2007

Some Pathogenic Thoughts

This may be a little graphic for some of you. Those of you who have reached that time in your life where nothing shocks may get a chuckle.

At our house we have been doing lots of 'brush clearing.' This is now a national cultural thing with the examples set by our illustrious leader, and my husband and I are eager to be the true patriots and try our skill. (Actually
we have been doing this for years in many countries and states and probably considered ourselves somewhat the experts.)

You may remember my recent photo showing all the red lines on my sexy legs from the wild roses but not showing the poison ivy's wrath that appeared a few days later. I don't think our illustrious leader gets that down and dirty, because he never seems to have any scars or weepy sores to show off.

Anyway, since my hubby is partially retired he gets to play in
the jungle (forest) more than I. I was able to wangle a working-from-the-house day today and was focusing on a nasty database entry at about 7:00 in the morning when hubby shuffled out of the bedroom scratching his you-know-what and looking around surprised the sun had come up already.

He started the conversation (after "Good morning.") with "I think I have a little problem."

"What?" I asked not taking my eyes from my laptop screen.

"I found a tick down here." He was pointing to that nether region which is so venerated by the male of our species.

Me: "Oh?" Now realizing I was going to have to take a work-break.

"Yeah. I got it out, but I think there is another one down in the same area. Can you take a look?"


"Can I get my camera? This would be great for my blog!"

"No." he groaned. Then he hit his head on the lower wall groaning again while he lay down on his back on the floor and assumed the position. The reason he hit his head is that men don't usually get to assume 'the position.' There he was with his pants down and his legs spread eagle and his hand on one of the two orbs pulling it aside.
Sure enough there was something brown and round and small next to some red skin. It didn't look like it had legs or a head, though, but at my age, I can't see anything smaller than a pea.

"Do we have a magnifying glass down here at the house?" I asked.

He pointed to the paperweight on top of the desk where I had recently been working. I don't have the right computer to resize---so photo will be high res. How apropos is this crab, don't you think?

Well, to make a long story longer, I actually still had trouble pulling the little brown dot away from the skin and eventually realized it was a skin tag...amazing the pain a spouse will let you inflict when he thinks you know what you are doing.

Later at lunch I went out to weed the beds for about ten minutes and when I came back inside found that I had a number of bites on my legs. I mused out loud..."Great, now I will get both Lymes disease and West Nile virus. They will never be able to diagnose how I died."

Hubby smirked..."Maybe we could get Dr. House to help."

For those of you who do not watch TV this is an egocentric, genius, pathological doctor who solves the most ridiculous medical cases each week, usually after he inflicts lots of pain on the patient while belittling his attractive interns.

(My scenario would be, after he removes about three organs he would solve my diagnosis.)

11 comments:

  1. OMG I was laughing out loud! That story made my day and I loved how he let you share it!

    Dr. House is the one doctor we love watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he now want you to remove the skin tag? Tie a thread around it very tightly and knot it. It will drop of in 3-4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenju,

    Unfortunately he is now in Asia for a few weeks! Maybe he can get it done there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Thanks for the good laugh! You're such a great storyteller. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was great! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well darn, my education has gone incomplete. What, pray tell, is a skin tag?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could be worse...I jsut read a blog where his son had one...BETWEEN his bum cheeks!!!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. ""Can I get my camera? This would be great for my blog!"

    One of the funniest lines of blogdom.

    Thanks for the pick me up...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:45 PM

    What a funny story!!

    Gave me a good laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laughter is good for the soul. And the blood pressure. Thank you. Thank your poor husband, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Oh my! I just cannot imagine doing that for my hubby. Which is probably why we are no longer together. :P This story had me in stitches. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.