Saturday, April 21, 2007

Taking a deep breath

Life has been a little crazy recently. Nothing bad, but I am still doing two jobs at work and both of them have become a little more demanding. I am trying hard to please everyone and come home at the end of each day exhausted. No room for photos, poetry, or thinking about my little guy. Next week is even crazier, but I am taking Friday off and that is when I am going to regroup.

Life is so weird. I was getting depressed at work because I didn't feel I was being used effectively. Now I am being drained of every minute of the day, every idea in my brain cell, and given every bit of paperwork that I can handle.

I am such a little bureaucrat. I actually used a bunch of acronyms in a meeting the other day, and I didn't throw up! Only a few more months of this idiocy. Can you believe I work in a Federal office that STILL doesn't have a firm budget. Also as a Federal office we are required to get everything spent by June when we do get it.

It won't even begin to talk about the mess with Congressional earmarks.

4 comments:

  1. If you have trouble deciding where to spend any of that money, you can order flowers from me. I'd love to take some of it off your hands.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabor .Did you mean you will be retiring in another month?

    Then can you go live in that beautiful house you recently built. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it all pays the same (providing it pays at all).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:40 AM

    No, Chancy, I just meant that maybe they will get someone hired to replace the second job...by this summer. Although the announcement hasn 't been written yet!

    Tabor

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.