Monday, October 09, 2006

The Wanderers are Back

We got up at 6:30 yesterday morning in Monterongriffoli where we had stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast in a medieval hamlet outside Siena for two days. By the time we drove to the Rome airport, checked our bags and got through two security checks, caught our plane to Boston where we went through customs and caught the second flight to Philadelphia and then drove home we had been up and moving for almost 24 hours! My daughters M.I.L. had been on 6 planes by the end of the the 10 day trip and handled all like a trooper. She now is thinking she may want to do more travel!

Still shaking the Tuscany dust off my shoes and trying to adjust to another continent, I have many lovely memories. My daughter had planned all of the this trip and it was one of the most rewarding I have ever taken. So I will take the blogger through step by step so that I have a good journal of the experience for myself and can share with readers as well.

Hundreds of pictures were taken and, of course, I cannot post them all, but will share some of the best.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing these photos. Sounds like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... your post sounds like our busines here in Montana. We run a bed and breakfast Fish Creek House and our tagline is "Making Montana Memories..

    Welcome back

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.