Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Have Lost It

I have to head to a mindless meeting downtown today. I have resigned to finding my job the most boring time in my life and am counting the days/years until I can retire.

One of my colleagues whose has a child who is home with a mental relapse and who has the same mental illness herself, exploded at me at a meeting the other day and called me stupid. It was over something I said that she totally misunderstood (probably on purpose because she is very much on the defensive these days) and everyone in the room realized she was way off base, but it didn't stop me from getting stressed for the rest of the afternoon.

Now I have this all-day meeting that I am expected to attend (or not) and at which I just sit and take notes and really have nothing to contribute.

I am writing about my stupid job, because on top of all this, I wrote a blog about something else happening in my life late last night and Blogger ate it! I hope it gets indigestion.

P.S. OK, I take it back. The meeting was full of lots of interesting stuff about ...well about stuff that is related to the programs with which I am affiliated. It wasn't a wasted day after all, and now I have something good on my list. (Also, at 7:00 AM this morning my colleague came with hang-dog stance and apologized. I accepted the apology, but was thinking when you get that stressed it is time to stay home from work for a while because it ends up being a ping-pong mouse trap setup if you know what I mean.)

4 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens! Glad she apologized and the meeting was productive!

    BIG HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yuck! That sounds so uncomfortable. From that wonderful trip to Italy a week or so ago to this crap. Life sure does like to put us on a roller coaster ride.

    I hope the stress passes quickly and without any side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you think reentry is so difficult after you have been on a wonderful vacation trip.

    I am sorry you had to experience the abuse from that person. Sounds like she has real problems.

    Hugs
    Chancy

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.