Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I am so glad you asked,





And now for ahbsolutely ehveryone who has ahsked... That butter yellow color on the walls of the living area of my house does not render itself as accurately on the web as I would like. The brand is Duron and the color is Jonquil. The first photo above is in direct sunlight and the second is not. Like most yellows, it changes dramatically with the lighting...I also understand that yellows fade as well. This yellow has a slight peach cast that you cannot see.

I hope to do some type of overcolor or glaze in a darker brown, orange or copper color to add depth.

6 comments:

  1. WOW It looks nothing like your pictures. I must be careful choosing. Where do I find Duron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, it looks like butter cream frosting to me. Now, I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. on my laptop it looks sort of flesh colored....no yellow cast at all. definitely the peach is showing through here! neither paint sample above looks yellow. this is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duron is a mid-Atlantic company and probably not available out of that area. You can find information here: http://www.duron.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a wonderful buttery yellow on this Acer flatscreen and most inviting - I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote copper! I love copper! I've never decorated with copper but would love to.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.