Sunday, March 05, 2006

Leftovers

Since I have nothing to say before I leave for a very few errands today, I am going to load a few photos that have kept my attention this month. I had a difficult time loading under blogger, so went back to my old friend, HELLO under Picassa and that seemed to work. The photo below is the first real sign of spring that I saw while sitting in the car and waiting for my husband to finish something on the boat in the boatyard yesterday.


These flowers are very tiny and can easily be crushed under one's feet as one races from the cold wind to any shelter for warmth. They are the first homage to warmer days.


This is the scar left behind from the snow-laden branch that fell after that heavy wet snowfall a few weeks ago. It is impossible to get through life without scars and this is the farewell to winter.


This is a photo from the recent Las Vegas trip where I took a brief hike with friends in the desert on the last day. The person in the foreground is 85-years-old and such an inspiration to someone just a few months away from 60!


At the boatyard, this little skiff hidden in the vines and weeds seemed to be calling to me. "Spring is almost here, let me out, let me out!"

8 comments:

  1. Yesterday, as I donned a sweater instead of a down-filled coat while running errands, I thought Spring was upon us. But today it is snowing. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I guess you don't live in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is that people in Florida turn on their air-conditioning about this time...! Manababies, spring is coming, I have many years behind me to trust this intuition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The start of spring is so funny in these parts, with a few days of snow here and there just to tease us. I'm actually glad because the snow is good for the sod we had put in at the tail end of last fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pictures :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are great and a true welcome into spring! I especially love the way you described the little skiff, begging for release. Just lovely.

    HEY! We're supposed to get some temps near 60 this weekend ... I'm so happy with this news that I'm tempted to put on shorts and I don't even own any!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoss, I don't need no stinkin Florida. We have good enough weather here. Hag, no shorts? You need shorts. This is going to be a global warming winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I just blogged about what a wimpy winter we had. In a way I was disappointed to finally have this change in the weather, but it seemed more gradual since most of January and February was in the 40s.

    And my gosh, your friend in that photo looks fabulous! I had to do a double take to make sure I was reading the text correctly.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.