Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Last of the Three


The first gift for my birthday last December that came from my daughter was part of a three month flower show and was a lovely orchid. This was followed by an amaryllis. My last gift is the fragrant and fragile looking Lily-of-the-Valley. I love all three plants, but being the garderner that I am, when I looked at the catalog and saw what she paid...she paid way too much. As some of you may know, amaryllis are easy to propagate and grow. The LTV is a little plant that takes off if planted in a moist and shady wooded area. The orchid was the only exotic one and as Hoss said, I will probably kill it. In spite of the cost, they have been a bright addition to my kitchen table.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Lily of the Valley! That is supposedly the flower of my birth month (May). I've never had one in my house or yard ... but I do so love the scent it puts out.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.