Saturday, February 18, 2006

L is for loneliness


L is for loneliness surrounded by loose slots.



A is for the asses (bare) which are seen in the advertisements on the back of taxis as you navigate the strip. They are in your face and unavoidable when waiting for the light to change. (No, I didn’t take a picture!)



S is for sand which is the constant reminder that all the fountains, waterfalls and flushing toilets are taking place in the middle of the desert.



V is for the views which are breathtaking once you head out of the city.



E is for exotic architecture. Las Vegas is the Orlando for adults.



G is for gold which is the bling, the shoes, the purses and what everyone hopes to win.



A is for amazing luxury in the lobbies of most of the fancy hotels.



S is for the silly people who need to get a life.

6 comments:

  1. Hehe. I've never been all that fond of Vegas. But there are sites to see indeed. I can only stand to be there a couple of days at a time though. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been invited to go to Vegas this April. But April is a very busy month for me. I'm not much on gambling, but I like to view the sites.

    What in the heck would they advertise with a bare butt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a female topless show. The poster on the back of the taxis shows the girls walking away topless arm-in-arm...I thinn they were called "Crazy Girls."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Vegas collage but I must admit I find the place very creepy, we have friends there who we visit every few years and we never can stay as long as we intended, there's something about the place that makes me want to run home with my tail between my legs! ;~0

    By the way Tabor, I was going through comments at our blog and realized I never answered your question about the 'Red-Shafted Flicker woodpecker photo.

    I took that through the front window of our house with the 12X optical zoom fully extended, and the tele-converter attached for a maximum telephoto of about 648mm.

    The birdbath is about 16 feet from the where I shot the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vegas is a land of excesses and that puts most people off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never went there on a vacation, but lived there for nearly 8 months. The perspective is very very different when you're living day-to-day and working there.

    I found it to be a nice place to live, actually. If you're into cementing friendships, however, don't bother. It's rare to find a true-blue native Las Vegan and even more rare to find anyone passing through (like me) who plans to stay forever.

    I don't care for the glitz - but I suppose it's a unique little town, particulary because of it's location - as you said - in the middle of the dessert!

    I got more of a thrill from traveling the outskirts and going into the mountains. I moved back east because I was claustrophobic with no ocean within driving distance - not to mention the extreme dry heat. Bleh... they can keep it.

    You did a heck of a job on this little collage! I really enjoyed it. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.