Friday, January 06, 2006

I Need a Better Immune System

I think this must be the third cold I have contracted the last few months, and this devil is hanging on --day eleven. I don't feel bad all over anymore, just wake up coughing and sniffling every two to three hours. Now I know how Manababies feels. Ugh! Only I don't have any cooing and giggling to greet me awake. Just a 'harumph' from my hubby which makes me move into the living area trying to sleep on one of the two loveseats in this apartment. I jury rig a "bed" by removing all the back cushions from the love seat and then moving the ottoman to the bottom side as an extension. Fortunately the apartment is warm enough that just a throw is all I need for a cover. Besides when you are coughing your head off, you generate a lot of body heat.

Hubby has an excellent immune system and doesn't seem to catch any of these little devil organisms. I am popping Vitamin C and drinking expectorant, but this is like crossing a sludge river very slowly--sorry for the imagery.

I am feeling so guilty about my exercise routine. I didn't exercise much in Hawaii (hiking doesn't really count--no aerobics or weight lifting there--OK, I don't appreciate what you are thinking), and then when I got back, there were the holidays and somewhat fortunately the cold to keep me from eating too much. Still, no real exercise.


Today I am home because I am leaving in 45 minutes to meet with my builder's interior designer/real estate saleswoman. She called me to ask if she could help with any interior selections and we worked out a mutual time to go to the flooring place to pick out the wood and tiles. (Actually the builder's show home and other sales in his subdivision are moving slowly due to the housing dip and I think she is bored, bored, bored.)

So this afternoon I will add something to the house building blog. Due to wet weather, exterior stuff going VERY slowly. Interior pretty much on schedule.

Well, I am starting to feel a little better as I finish this blog...maybe the computer screen has irradiated the germs!



5 comments:

  1. I hate those coughs that keep you awake during the night. Liquid cough syrup makes me ill. I hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! My mom has been the same... cold after cold. I feel bad for her :( I don't usually catch bugs either but our house there have been many germs passed around due to visitors and just being stuck indoors.

    And I'd have to disagree that hiking is great exercise. :) That is a lot more exercise than I have been getting, that's for sure. Making out to get the paper and mail has been my hugest feat as of late.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Ol' Hoss. I DID get your message on my Friday piece. Strange thing, though, it is THE ONLY ONE. Last night, when I went to bed, there were over 25 comments on that piece. This morning, nada except for yours. All comments for all previous pieces also are gone. I have my computer guru looking into it. Thanks for your comment. That gives me ONE for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ol' Hoss again. Well, my comments gizzie has repaired itself. However, the comment you made does not appear. I have 28 on Friday's piece, yours not among them. I can't give you a solution. It apparently is unique to Tabor. Pish.

    Anyway, I'll be back later to peek in on your house building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last month I got flu and suffered from a very high fever for a few days. Yet coughing is a very energy exhaustion. I hope you will get better soon by taking nutritious food and enough rest.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.