Sunday, September 25, 2005

Lazy Weekend




Don't stick your tongue out at your grandson!

After breakfast with our plastic surgeon (in his early 40's and not married, ladies) hubby went fishing and Ween and I proceeded to complete her SIX loads of laundry. After several hours of running between the laundry rooms on the floors we got clothes folded and back into numerous laundry baskets and containers.

Then we headed out to the large home store and she looked for faucets for the new sink and shower in her basement (which is still just a dark concrete room). She was lucky and found something almost immediately. We did some more looking and then treated ourselves to a pumpkin spice drink at Starbucks. We headed home to a dinner that hubby prepared from freshly caught fish and harvested oysters. Yum. Then some great ice cream and we watched the DVD Cold Mountain.

Slept in this morning as did Xman. Hubby prepared a breakfast of pecan pancakes (Yes, I do cook and you are right, I don't deserve him.) He packed for his week-long trip to New York and we headed out for shopping at the wine, make-up, blinds and Pier 1 Imports stores. I got the pillow below as my "inspiration" for developing the colors in my master bedroom. I have long wanted a sunset and/or fall color scheme and this pillow seems to represent that.

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that pillow! Very rich in color.

    Did you like Cold Mountain? I didn't care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my yes. Super color pillow.

    (Tabor: I am mentioning almost all of the people I visit during the day, and I need to ask you a question or two. My computer won't let me crack into your email address, so could you please email me so I can visit with you briefly? I am at mbenditem@msn.com Thanks muchly,
    Gene Maudlin/Old Horsetail Snake)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peruby, I can't decide whether I liked it or not. The acting was exceptional (except for Nicole Kidman who was pretty much her own character) and the photography was beautiful. I did feel there was a lot of the worst side of mankind and no enough of the good side. Ophra Winfrey's movie makes me feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Our" plastic surgeon?? Hrm. Not sure what to think about that, but I like the "single" part. Does "single" also imply that he is available/looking? If so, send him my way if he isn't allergic to birds!

    GrrlScientist

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.