Thursday, September 15, 2005

I did some research...

Checked out the nice restaurants in our area. That little platter of broiled oysters that I posted yesterday would cost about $50.00 here! I think hubby has got himself a good hobby. The sauce I made over the top was as follows for those of you who may have access to bivalves to eat.

2 tablespoons melted butter
4 cloves of garlic heated in microwave and chopped fine
1/4 red onion chopped fine
one stalk of fennel chopped fine
seasoned salt
very light sprinkle of spicy chile powder mix (Tabasco also works)
Heat all together until simmered
Add juice from one lemon and 2 tablespoons of white wine
pour over raw oysters and then broil

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like raw fennel

    ReplyDelete
  3. $50 !!! Perhaps now I understand why I don't care much for seafood. *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.