Sunday, July 17, 2005

Woke up too early this morning!

Discovered this exercise on Kenju's blog (which is a very good read by the way). I welcome any and all readers who have missed this to share their list if they are so inclined.

10 Things I have done that you probably haven’t.

1) Weaned a calf

2) Physically restrained a 14-year-old who had pulled a knife on a teacher the previous year

3) Eaten dog with farm workers on the island of Mindanao

4) Slept in a grass hut on the island of Babledaup

5) Lived on the side of an active volcano

6) Traveled half-way around the world with a six-week old baby.

7) Played the front end of Rudolph-the-Red-Nosed Reindeer in a play I wrote

8) Been bitten on the heal by a wild monkey

9) Been taken out to dinner by my hotel wait staff

10) Paddled out of the living room of my house by canoe

7 comments:

  1. Well you have me stumped! For the rest of the day I'll be trying to think of something just as interesting to list but I doubt I'll be able to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:08 PM

    jumped into a hole in an ice covered pond, naked afer a sauna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manababies, I have a few more years on you so you can take your time. Once you have lived through the teenage years of your children I am sure you will have much to add!

    Colleen, and even more important you lived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAH!!! I AM SO BOOOOORING!

    GrrlScientist

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, this was an interesting exercise. things I've done you might not have:

    1. purified frog sperm (starting from live males)
    2. ate raw horse in japan
    3. performed in a dance recital with no music
    4. was the worst dressed person at the Norweigian National Parade
    5. did yoga in costa rica
    6. ran a TDD machine interpreting phone calls for the deaf
    7. helped my wheelchair-bound friend use a catheter on a bus ride from Florida to DC
    8. had insomnia for a month after reading The Bell Jar

    i also woke up too early this morning, i'll see if i can think of anything else...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You are SO well travelled and diverse.
    I cannot imagine how painful it must have been to be bitten by a monkey! They have incredibly large mouths jam-packed with teeth.
    Very interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, ms.phd, I am not going to ask how you got the frog sperm...being as my husband had to work with rabbits when he was an undergrad!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.