Sunday, June 05, 2005

At Loose Ends

Been busy...just got back from a weekend babysitting in Connecticut while my son-in-law and daughter went to a wedding. Really nice weekend and not too many rough spots and probably worth some blogging just for the memories when I have more time.

Hubby is now in Maine at a meeting and since Son has moved out I am ALL ALONE in my house for the next 4 days. Weird feeling. I don't mind being alone after the intense weekend of people and babies and confined car traveling...but still a little odd.

I have a doctor's appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow to get a mole removed. It has started growing like mad and both itches and is tender, and since my sister died of melanoma, I am a little concerned. But, just a little. It is not the Buddhist way to worry about things you have no control over. I tend to have lots of moles and as I have aged, lots of strange skin changes. Lost my fear of ugliness a long time ago when I could not longer hang on to my youth ;-).

So, I am now going to unpack, go through my weeks mail (which just arrived yesterday--this is another long blog about being too efficient) and then a long relaxing bath.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    You probably only have a basel cell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the dermatlogist. I notice that my cysts itch a lot when I am under stress or anxious. Glad you are finally getting your mail again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, an empty house! Something that I used to dislike before the kids came along, but now it's something that I might actually welcome. The thought of sorting through mail at one's leisure and taking a long bath sounds wonderful!

    Good luck at the dermatologist. I think perhaps I need to take on that same Buddhist mentality, because it's true that you can't stress over things you have no control over. And I'm sure stressing will only make matters worse.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.