Thursday, April 28, 2005

Back on that swing called LIFE

I am back from the memorial and may post on it when I have digested all that happened. It was NOT sad...well, not lots of sad...just little times. It was actually very therapeutic. I am closer to my baby sister and my baby brother and still like my Republican other brother in spite of his schizophrenic approaches. You can read about parental death and talk to others about their experiences, but it is just like getting married or having children. Until you do it, you don't really understand what it is all about and even then each person's experience is so unique that it is hard to translate to others. (This is why I am hesitant to discuss spirituality--it is so unique and private.)

I do so appreciate the comments and emails from those bloggers in my neighborhood. They are most comforting and let me know that there are still people in the world who actually think about and care about others...including ephemeral souls that only exist in the bytedom to me.

I am having dinner with friends that we haven't seen in months tonight.

Tomorrow I am taking dinner to the parents of that new love of my life. What an affair I am having with him and how I missed him when I went out to Colorado!

I wish you all falling pink petals and cool breezes. (Whoops, is that a little to Oprah for you?)

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. Maybe your affair will help ease some of the loss. The circle of life.

    Not too Oprah for me. The phrase brings up an Eastern Oriental frame of mind. Peaceful.

    ~ Peruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not to Oprah. Like Peruby said, it's an Eastern image. A very peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was thinking of the circle of life - having to say goodbye to your ailing mother, then coming home to spend time with your new grandson. While the passing of your mother may have marked the end of an era, how wonderful it is that your grandson is a reminder that life truly does go on.

    BTW, I bet your grandson has gotten so big in the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.