Friday, March 11, 2005

Actually Taking it One Day at a Time

Hubby came home within 36 hours! They gave him the option of staying on one more day and he immediately said he wanted to get back to his bed at home. Of course! They cut the back of the bone away from 6 vertebrae. It is amazing to me that your neck can still hold your head up after a surgery like that...but it does!

He is on lots of drugs but in very good spirits. I spend most of my time running up and downstairs with food, news, etc. He got his first shower today...that was fun. He was actually trying to be modest while I washed him. This is so strange since the first five years or so of our married life we showered together!

Well, I am so lucky that my boss at work has totally supported this time off, once again. Unfortunately, my mom had a small stroke yesterday and now they have moved her to a hospital bed with a catheter. If spring wasn't just around the corner I would feel very old.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tabor. I am glad to hear your husband is recovering well, and sorry to hear about your Mother. I hope that your strength holds up for you.

    Very nice pics of the flowers. Very colorful and full of vibrant life. We need Spring to come. And, soon.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.