Monday, May 13, 2013

Breathe Deep

Yep, it was one of those whirl-wind weekends.  (I think I get one every year.)  At my age it takes me a full day to really recover three days of full social contact.  When I pulled into the yard I could feel the blood pressure lower as my green lawn, my little blue bird couple and my tons of blooming iris greeted me in full spring glory.




I got home mid-afternoon on Sunday in the lovely sunshine and all was well until I saw two very healthy bunnies mating in the front yard under the pyracantha bushes.  Amazing, as the pyracantha has very nasty thorns.  It reminded me of the Tar Baby story, and if you do not know the Tar Baby story, don't worry.

Anyway, the spa day was full and expensive, but I would do it all again in a minute to spend time with my princess.


Check-in at the spa.  Ready for facials and massage!  (I could do a whole post on my first facial!)



This is where you relax after the massage and before the facial.  It is an old building that has been there for over 50 years although the spa has been in existence for about 15 years.


Then there was time for sitting under spring blooming trees and conversation.


And time for a walk and some window shopping.


And time for a long tour of the Torpedo Factory Art Center which is a famous place in Alexandria.


Then we arrived at the restaurant EVE and sipped some wine while waiting for our table.  We were eating early and yet the place was about a third full!


We were placed in the long room and had the whole place to ourselves for most of the dinner.  Notice the nice chandeliers above.


And like all good girls we celebrated the day with exotic drinks and exotic desserts before heading home and back to reality where we had to pick up two of the grandkids who were waiting for us at their older brother's Cub Scout meeting.

15 comments:

  1. I felt more beautiful just looking at your photos. Hope you liked the facial. Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a treat. My husband used to treat me to a spa day, but has not for quite some time. I guess he thinks retirement precludes the need for that kind of pampering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and what a fun, luxurious sounding day. Getting to spend it with your daughter-- nothing better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, heaven indeed. :)

    Yes, the new production. It was very well done, and it not only left me wanting to read the book again, but to see Thor Heyerdahl's award winning film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks so fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovley! You both look great and relaxed. Beautiful pictures, great weather. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go on, do i again soon.

    Booking a day like that several times a year is very good for the inner (and outer) woman. Pampering never did no one no harm, as some people, who should know better, say.

    So that’s what you look like. i saw you as dark haired. Don’t know why, except that you once said you are Italian by ancestry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you were able to enjoy such a wonderful holiday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day. Your photos are wonderful and thanks for the added treat of seeing beautiful you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are times and seasons where such things are needed, and i'm glad you got to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day, and the pictures are interesting. Your iris are beautiful! Our iris are done here, so it was a treat to see yours in all their glory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gawd! That one photo with your daughter window shopping brought me a flood of memories and nostalgia.

    My Mom and I used to do that when my older brother took us on vacation. Something struck a deep seated memory in me.

    Whew. That was sweet. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a thrill to live vicariously through you:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your irises. Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.