Friday, December 25, 2020

Squinting Through the Holidays

Today is Christmas.
I am waiting for a call from my children who want to open presents via Zoom.
I got out grandma's China for hubby and me to eat our meal.
Since Hubby cannot eat mammal meat due to his allergy we spent a small fortune on live lobsters.
The lobsters are in a box in the garage where it is very cold.
I did no baking although Hubby made a pumpkin pie from a pumpkin we had sitting on the porch from last month...a post for another day.
I bought a tiramisu from the grocery and it looks beautiful, better than anything I could make.
Below some photos from our rainy Christmas Evening.
One is in focus and one is hand-held blur. 
Which one do you like?




If you squint your eyes you can see 2021 on the horizon.

12 comments:

  1. Both are just fine. I like the colors a lot.
    We did miles of luminaria last night, and I forgot my camera. Your dinner will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas 2020 Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Season's greeting to you Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas. Enjoy those lobsters. Will await the story of the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. both are colorful. just finished my annual phone call with my brother who lives in Washington state. Lobster sounds wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! I like the blur. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I really like the blurry one. We had a tradition of king crab legs for Christmas Eve but that is getting out of hand pricey and it would not have been the same without the family gathered. Don and I a quiet but pleasant day together and made do with shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a good internet connection.Ours has been wonky lately, and we had to reboot many times. Of course, they came over later and will spend the night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both have charm, one for being bright and bold, the other for being gentle and understated.

    A blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mammal meat. Eeew, when you put it like that, it sounds gross. We hardly consume any beef or pork anyway. And a chicken is not a mammal, is it? Anyways ... happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Biff Poindexter9:38 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.