Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

On my prior post I got some interesting guesses on the towel art.  I think the first was a sting ray, the second a seal or walrus, the third a scottie dog, and the last towel-with-eyes a monkey of some kind.  Well that was fun and since I am in a bad mood with this election and all of its craziness making me a reluctant voter, but a voter still the same, I will add some more fun from the cruise.


Up ahead we cruised by The Made Hatter's Tea Party.  The guy on the left sleeping is the Dormouse.


The guy on the right is the Mad Hatter.


And here comes Alice.  "No room!  No room!" cries the Mad Hatter.


And Alice replies "Of course, there is room!" and gets her ample rump up there and stakes her claim.  The Dormouse remains undisturbed.


Then before she can sip her first cup of tea, Alice sees something just below her and starts shouting "No room!  No Room!"


The one in the water looks pretty big and there is certainly no room for him/her floating below.  The Dormouse opens one eye and the Mad Hatter ignores the ruckus.


He/she gives up and swims away and the rest are enjoying their victory as they bask in the sun.


Life in the slow lane in the inner passage at Alaska.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I like these so much . What a story. :) You can see me grinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! And I too understand your grumpiness about the election season. Glad to visit with the Mad Hatter. You're clever story made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story and photos. Such a great cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, and that's one of the prettiest buoys I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like they were having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am laughing out loud. What a great tale of those noisy seals. Little did they know how entertaining they were.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all need a bit of humor. The election has been so on edge but I'm not reluctant to vote and can't wait to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your narration cracked me up. Perfect! And I'm with you on the election. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure I'd need Alice to distract me if I had to vote in your elections. I hope you have enough happy memories to distract you until it is all over - and beyond if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! There's always room for one more!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.