Thursday, February 08, 2018

Just Hold That Thought

I will be on the plane in about than 36 hours and on my way to an exotic locale. Actually, I will make several stops along the way and be gone for 22 days!!  Yes, I have not packed bags or prepared for that long of a trip in a long time. It means I have to have the P.O. hold the mail, prepay some monthly bills, let the credit card and phone companies and bank know where I will be so that they continue to let me use my phone and my money.

I have to think how to pack as frugally as possible. There will be no need for fancy clothes, so that will help a lot. I have prepared my list of vaccinations, my passport is up-to-date and I even needed a visa for this trip and that is attached! Where am I going?  I will keep you in suspense until I either get there or post a photo or two from my Kindle or until I get back home and recover from post-trip exhaustion.

I will be leaving behind plants that are just coming into beauty and I actually have someone coming in to take care of them bi-weekly so that I can return to just look at the leaves!



One of my amaryllis bloomed for me today. I have others not yet in bud, and I will sadly miss their glory.



My calamondin is going crazy with both blooms and little tiny limes.  The corner of my kitchen is carpeted in white petals each morning and many times both evening and mornings the first floor is filled with a somewhat cloying fragrance of the blossoms.  I may miss most of the fruits as they turn ripe!



My birds will be fed and watered by the same person who is taking care of my plants.


I will also miss the "blue ribbon" sunsets, but maybe I will be able to photograph some new ones at a different latitude with a different attitude.


The odd thing about all of this is that I just want to get going so I can fill pockets full of memories and the mind full of photos and then get home again to a routine.  I will have a wonderful time as we will be with precious friends, but I keep thinking of all the challenges and just want it all to be good memories so I can reminisce back in my bed in my own home.  Clearly money and opportunity are wasted on me.

If I can stay healthy, I will return to blog again.

16 comments:

  1. Goodness...you can stay healthy. Thanks going to be a grand trip. You can always do laundry or buy clothes when you get there. I wish you could still put me in your back pocket. Bon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminders of what needs to be done. I will be doing the same this summer for 3 weeks, and like you I know I will be glad I went but also glad when I get home again. . Such a homebody! Have fun! I'm already packing in my mind and know it will be a challenge, have to travel light too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, can we guess? Are you going to the Amazon? I think you once said you wanted to. Or maybe you've already been but I've made one of those associations in my mind. You and the Amazon. Or maybe the Pantanel. I just know it is going to be a grand adventure. Take care and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful, wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for healthy, safety and lots of good memories made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! It has been a few years now since our last big trip, and I wonder if I am up to it still. But I do still have the wanderlust.
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting back home is my favorite part of every trip:-) Have a spectacular time and we will look forward to your reports.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so exciting! I'll be gone for 3 weeks in May to someplace I've never been which isn't hard since I've only been to a very few places. have fun and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great adventure! We have so few of them in our later years. Enjoy! Be Safe! And tell us all about it on your return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be Healthy n have a Bon Voyage! Can't wait to see the pics already! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh awesome!!! You must be on your trip right now and having a grand time. You're a lot calmer than me. I start thinking about my packing a month before I leave. I've got a trip to Europe coming up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to finding out where you are.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.