Friday, October 20, 2017

If I Got Paid

My last post was over two weeks ago.  If I got paid for blogging I would hate the process because there would be deadlines. But since I don't, I can write when my mojo is puttering along and ignore the lack of a muse when my spirit is deflated. I guess I have been in a funk. Shall I list the reasons? Or would you rather avoid my complaints? They are big and small. The biggest is helping a loved one fight depression and alcoholism, fully knowing my help is in vain most times and realizing that I am only pretending to pull them back from the cliff. We are in good days now so I can focus on the blog and my glass is half full.



The medium reason for a lack of creativity is that multiple health problems have been visiting hubby. Nothing death threatening or even scary. Just constant reminders that our bodies are falling apart as we age and making me face up to the fact that I have to take on more responsibilities and accept a more careful lifestyle as the years move on.  (And also try to find more diplomatic ways to get him to slow down rather than screaming at him.)




Also, I have friends and friends of friends involved with the California fire disaster and I do feel helpless so far away. Yes, this is all linked to climate change... ALL the Armegaddon shocks as our oceans heat up. Scientists are now finding that the warmer the waters of the ocean the slower the circulation of the major currents and the potential for tremendous changes when those biggest bodies of water stop moving. It will mean climate changes in huge areas, loss of seafood, and loss of land food. (Some folks think the scientists are lying to get more money for grants for this research...go figure!)  China is not looking to expand their coal industry because they believe their scientists. They are putting huge sums of their money into solar farms. Just today the Saudi's admitted that developing solar farming is so cheap they have no trouble finding the lowest bid for their development...and they are an oil-rich country!




The smaller reasons for my funk, but no less important, and tied to the paragraph above, are the horrible things happening to our country and the way some Americans accept exaggeration, daily contradictory statements, and outright lying as a means to an end if they agree on that end. 


Well, now that I have got that off my chest, maybe I can actually write something next time!?

19 comments:

  1. One day at a time... and focus on the good. That's all I've got... making today good for myself or someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accepting the reality of aging is definitely one of those life changing times. We go along for years and years when we are middle aged-- and then we head into the reverse teen years where hormones and our bodies go in reverse, and we get closer to the end. It's an amazing time. So many never get to old age that it's kind of exciting to experience this latter life cycle. It isn't all good news though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reminders of aging are a constant stream, aren't they? Been attending an above-average number of memorial services lately. :( As for climate change: ARRRRRRRRRGH! What does it take to convince people? Maddening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't know -- I like what you wrote! (And I have much the same blockage, though in my case its more Involvement with our French exchange student, and horror/disgust/dismay at our political environment.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days you just have to spill it all. It does build up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While we are still healthy here, the impacts of age on our mobility and ability to rebound from physical activity are taking a toll.
    As to all of your other worries, I share many of them - addicted family member, climate change, and most certainly the willful ignorance of much of our citizenry.
    And yet, each day, I acknowledge how fortunate I am to have things as good as they are for me personally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can be helpful to express it! Take care,Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so difficult to deal with an alcoholic. I know from experience. All additions are tough. We can't save people who don't want to be saved.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can't help an addict. you can only prop them up. they have to want to change. I'm so saddened by what has become of this country, the complete lack of honor and integrity and truth in the highest levels and those whose job it is to curtail that just let it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree it's hard staying positive enough to write a blog. In my case, it serves as a distraction from the mess of our national politics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you wrote something this time. The reminder doesn't make me feel good though. Anyway, keep on keeping on with the age thing. What else can we do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My parents were always interested in the news and in politics. One day, after my dad was gone, I ask my mother why she wasn't going to vote. She said "I've done all I can do. It is up to you now." That is where I am. It is more calming this way. P.S. You should be paid for your blog photos at least:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The powers that be in Florida have argued that solar power is impractical because It "rains so much" and "the sun doesn't shine at night." But just yesterday I got an email from the power company encouraging customers to add $9 a month to their electric bills so they can study the issue. Really? It's the freaking SUNSHINE state. Well that's what drove me crazy today because I was taking a national news blackout day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prayers for it all
    Last night, 3AM-ish,alone in a dark room, patio window watching for a meteor, I felt small and content. Clouds rolled in, stars twinkle and disappear with each pass. Nary a meteor in site, complete clouds, took a break and fell asleep. Woke to almost sunrise, and still searched the sky for a meteor. I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you dump't all that on us. Frankly I've been missing your spritely complaints and your presence in my life.
    Yes, you can help by suggesting he get into treatment and telling him you love him. There's not a lot else to do. Go to an Alanon meeting. They have tools that will help YOU. I know that you are pulling your hair out, but that too won't do a lot of good. Lots of hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, hopefully getting some of this off your chest will make you feel better. But I dunno, if I had deadlines to meet, I know I would get more blogging done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, as the saying goes, these are the times that try men’s souls. Hope things work out a little better with some of the personal issues.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In something of a slump, too. Glad to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.